Coral Vue Hydros

EMERGENCY Clouded tank in 1 hour

Blacktone

Last night I noticed web looking stuff all over my tank, then I think the feather duster started leaving very LONG strands of what seemed like poo all over the place. I don't have much in this tank but now in the course of an hour my tank looks like an ice cube cause it's so foggy milky in there I don't know what happened. I'm mixing up a 5 gallon bucket of salt water right now my skimmer is going nuts!

I could have just been some eggs being shot into the water. I've had something do that to me before. Weeks later I had thousands of baby snails all over my tank.

So far I can't confirm if it was the feather duster worm or what yet, I setup a sock with carbon and almost done mixing salt I might do a 30-50% change.

Vermetid snails will put the nasty webs out if there are partials in the water. Probably trying to catch what ever the Duster put out.

Lost a skunk cleaner shrimp, so far all the other corals seems to be fine, there is a slight hairy film covering everything tried to suck it all out in the water change. I was only able to do 5 gallons. I'll head out later to get more RO/DI

of the 3 feather dusters the smallest one dropped it's crown, I picked him out of the water and it moved but didn't shoot back into it's tube. I put him in the water I changed out. till I can determine if he's dead or not.

sometime they come out of their tube and build a new one somewhere else. Even then there is a pc of them left in the original tube. You should leave all alone and watch to see what happens.

that tube worm was dead, he didn't move at all but still kept him in the bucket of old water. He just fell out of the tube and never moved again. I was talking to one of the local reef club peeps and she suggested it might have been some kind of bacterial bloom. Think I'm going to agree with her on that, I don't think anything in the tank could have caused that much trouble due to sheer size. even if a whole fish died and desolved in 10 mins I don't think it would be as bad as it was. bacteria seems to be it.

Archived