ReefCleaners.org

Sammy's 40 Breeder

sammy113

I just got the first sucker! A biggie bristle worm. About 3.5 inch long. Still using traps to see what else i can catch. Oh oh... does the cooper from the penny makes something to the invertebrates? Awww poor thing! <_< Die already!

DSC05090.jpg

DSC05089.jpg

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like no one have seen the thread :angry: Anyways I'll keep posting pics if anywho cares.I get rid of a few pistols, bristle worms and a mantis. Also a white crab that looked the same as the emereald with red spots. Looks like my tank is in peace now. Here are a couple of new pics and some plans of the new fuge that I'll be building soon. The new Fuge is 32"x16"X16" It will have 4 compartments (intake with 200 micron filter sock + skimmer, Prop. area, macro compartment and return pump compartment. The prop. and macro compartments will be lighted with a 150W MH

FLower Pot

DSC05098.jpgTorchDSC05099.jpg

I'm very happy this acro is doing so well.

DSC05101.jpgDSC05102.jpg

GSP

DSC05104.jpg

New Encrusted montipora with purple polyps

DSC05105.jpgDSC05106.jpgRicordeaDSC05107.jpg

TOP Down

DSC05110.jpg

DSC05111.jpg

DSC05114.jpg

DSC05115.jpg

DSC05116.jpg

DSC05119.jpg

DSC05117.jpg

DSC05121.jpg

DSC05122.jpg

DSC05125.jpg

DSC05123.jpg

Looking good. I really like how open your tank looks. Lots of swimming room. I like your frogspawn. I wish I would have waited and looked around for one with those colors. Any more pics of the frogspawn?

FTS? :)

I hope to frag some when I make the new sump/prop tank. Mayor problem is shipping from PR if you where interested in some... I made a sump for a friend and when he pay me I can buy more acrylic for mine. This one is the same design that I made for me so this one was just practicing :P

DSC05163.jpg

next day usually take 2 days actually and its very expensive even for a 10"x10" box with a thermo that weighs around 10 pounds maximum total.

If someone remember that "bleached/dead" acropora that i bough about a month ago check this out. Sounds kinda nonsense but I decided to put it in the overflow box because theres a lot of flow there and since its in the top of the tank its also exposed to a lot of light. Somehow the acro just started to create new brown tissue and has three spots with green tissue already. the color is awesome so I hope that it covers completely. Other thing I noticed is that it opens a few polyps so looks like its doing good so far. Here are some pics before and after:

Before:

DSC04955.jpg

DSC04956.jpg

After:

DSC05175.jpg

DSC05179.jpg

DSC05178.jpg

DSC05176.jpg

It also has some coralline that started to grow over. Is it bad? What can I do? I just decided to put it in another place in the tank. A high flow area but not that high to see how it goes. I'm very happy with this.

Hi guys. I have noticed that my two BIG red leg hermit crabs have been yesterday All Day Long over my big SPS Corals. One is in my encrusted monti and the other in the elkhorn. I don't know what they found interesting there but i'm afraid they can stress or damage the coral. I knock them down with a stick and in a few minutes they're again over them. They slept last night there too. Is it bad for the coral? Should I leave them do their thing or should I get rid of them? They're like 1"~1.5". Thanks

it could it depends there is no way to tell it could be finding some kinda of dead skin it's eating but i would take them out just to be on the safe side

Thanks chris. I currently have a firefish there but i'm planning in getting a pair of black & white occeralis and don't know what else. probably a sixline or a midas benny. Maybe both :P

Thanks Carinya! Sorry for the late response. Unfortunately I lost my Torch :( I don't know what could cause it. It started with a dead head it had like brown dead flesh and it continued happening to each head very quickly! It didn't gave me a break to do research on what was happening or how to prevent it. It's sad cause i really liked it very much and it was huge!

Sounds like brown jelly infection. A lot of Euphyylia spp. are succeptible to it. Especially Elegance and Torch corals. What type of skimmer are you running? Is that an Octopus 150?

Neh, i wish it was an octo. Its an Odyssea PS75. My wallet couldn't afford a nice one tough :( I wish someday I get a nice one. At least a nice used one

Archived