ReefCleaners.org

Sammy's 40 Breeder

sammy113

I tried the mesh mod without any succes... Looks like the mesh was not centered properly and the impeller was not running like it supposed to. So i just remeoved the foam and use it like that. Here are some pics of what I did.

This is the impeller befor cutting it:

DSC05022.jpg

And I decided just to cut the top layer of plastic:

DSC05026.jpg

DSC05025.jpg

Foam cut:

DSC05030.jpg

In its place:

DSC05033.jpg

And glued:

DSC05035.jpg

Any ideas what can i do or how to solve this? Fortunately I left part of the impeller so I can still use it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone, Its been a while since I show any update. ere are some pics with a few new things. I bough from a local reefer who was quitting of the hobby a few thing for an incredible price tough. I bought all this:Large Ocellaris ClownLarge Royal GrammaMed Bi color BlennyMed Midas BlennyScooter BlennyHuge Blue TangMed Yellow TangMed Yellow Head JawfishMed Lawnmower BlennyMed Fire Shrimp45 Lbs. of cured Live RockAll this for $100 what you think? lolI already sold obviously the blue tang, the yellow tang and the lawnmower blenny. I want to get rif of the Jawfish and definitely want to keep the beautiful Midas Blenny, the bi Color, Scooter and the clown. The Yellow Tang appears in a few pics but don't worry its not there anymore. Hopefully he's in a big tank where he cas swim a lot :D I also made a new overflow box because i really don't like the look of the regular clear box that ands up brown. I don't feel to empty the tank to silicone a rounded corner overflow so I just made a rounded black adjustable overflow. Anyways here are the pics, I think they talk by themselves.DSC05404.jpgDSC05399.jpgDSC05407.jpgDSC05408.jpgDSC05410.jpgDSC05411.jpgDSC05415.jpgDSC05418.jpgDSC05420.jpgDSC05425.jpgDSC05426.jpgDSC05427.jpgDSC05428.jpgDSC05429.jpgDSC05431.jpgDSC05435.jpgDSC05433.jpgDSC05434.jpgDSC05436.jpgDSC05437.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I bough from a local reefer who was quitting of the hobby a few thing for an incredible price tough. I bought all this:Large Ocellaris ClownLarge Royal GrammaMed Bi color BlennyMed Midas BlennyScooter BlennyHuge Blue TangMed Yellow TangMed Yellow Head JawfishMed Lawnmower BlennyMed Fire Shrimp45 Lbs. of cured Live RockAll this for $100 what you think? lol I already sold obviously the blue tang, the yellow tang and the lawnmower blenny.

Are you reading or just looking at the pics?

I just received my R2 Moonlights and salifert PH/Alk test from marinedepot and I'm excited. I installed my moonlights and they're awesome! Just one covers the entire 36" long and the colors are just amazing. I also tested for Alk and it reads around ~2.0 The chart says that this is the normal level but where should I maintain it? PH-8.3 Ca-480

wildernesstank

could you take some pics of the back of the tank and send them to me on how you have your sump/refugium set up ? thanks and your return pump

wilderness, currently I don't have camera but maybe i can take a pic with the phone for you. Is not a fancy thing... Just 1/2" PVC plumbing from a mag7 and split with a "T" for two return U-tubes with ball valves just in case I want to control flow.

Oh and my alk test kit is not salifert.... Is a Red sea kit, so the results are in PPM's 2.0 Ppm is my reading. Hows that?

I don't really know how much the overflow is rated, i made it myself but make sure your intake teeth are 1/4" or 3/8" and are 1" deep from the top. That way you have break to adjust it if need more water flowing down and i'm pretty sure that a 1" bulkhead drain flows around 600-700 GPH. I have a Mag7 but you know, you loose a few GPH's with "T's" Elbows and all this stuff. Yes, my plumbig its all ard plumbing except for the the end were the PVC connects to the U-tube that I have a PCV to Soft tubbing adapter since U-tubes only comes with a vinyl hose tip. I'll get a pic tonight for you. The tank is very close to the wall and its impossible to move it to take a nice pic but i'll do something :P

Hey! how do I change the name of the thread? I think I've seen old threads that have change their names. I don't it anymore with the starting thing. Its about 5 months old now lol

Why do you need your calcium so high? 420-440 is where I like to keep mine. It seems to be a lot easier to keep the dosing consistant. There really is no reason to make it 480. As long as the ca and alk are balanced, you will be fine. You also have too keep mg and ph stable as well though..

Here you got Wilderness. Hope this help you.

12-09-07_0033.jpg

12-09-07_0034.jpg

12-09-07_0035.jpg

12-09-07_0036.jpg

Oh this is very nasty but is because is so close to the light and I'm not used to clean it

12-09-07_0037.jpg

Why do you need your calcium so high? 420-440 is where I like to keep mine. It seems to be a lot easier to keep the dosing consistant. There really is no reason to make it 480. As long as the ca and alk are balanced, you will be fine. You also have too keep mg and ph stable as well though..

Is not that i need it or want it that high, is just that is like that and I can't lower it. Even if I don't dose it and let the corals consume it. Ph is stable and I think the reverse photo period helps me.

noobwithatank

i didnt see it but.. how did u attach ur moon light(s)?

also ur bracket that hands the light.. i seem to have misplaced my "hanging kit" that was included with my light. would you be able to take a few pictures of yours?

I haven't posted pics of the moonlight yet since my camera died and my camera phone sucks but i'll show you how I attach the moonlight to the lamp and the hanging kit

I'm not worried at all. He was there because obviously it was Off but the koralia turns On at the same time with the lights. So when the lights are off he's in his cave :D He's not used to hang out in the koralia often. I hope never bad happens with any fish.

• 2 weeks later...

How can I drop mi Ca down? right now is at 500 PPM and I'm not dosing anything right now. I used to dose Brighwell Aquatic's 2 part solution but I stop using it 2 weeks ago. Top off water is just R/O without Kalkwasser. Alk is around 2.2 mql

How can I drop mi Ca down? right now is at 500 PPM and I'm not dosing anything right now. I used to dose Brighwell Aquatic's 2 part solution but I stop using it 2 weeks ago. Top off water is just R/O without Kalkwasser. Alk is around 2.2 mql

maybe do some water changes using a salt that has lower levels of ca???

Well right now the 2 head torch that I have cost me $15 but i haven't posted pics yet. I had a big 14 head thin tentacles one that died don't know why that cost me $50. Now I have the frogspawn growing like a beast, a hammer frag and the new 2 head torch. Hopefully next week I'll be going to my friend's house cause he offered me a frag of his brown/yellow tip torch and can' let it pass... who doesn't like free frags after all?

Archived