ReefCleaners.org

My new BioCube 14 (pic heaven)

Emerald Isle

Emerald Isle

I have been wanting to get a SW tank for a very long time. After lurking around on many forums for about a year now, well I decided to take the dive. I had some aquascape problems at first but I'm happy with the way it turned out. Enjoy the pics...

BC14 w/ 16# LR and 15 LS

---------------------------------

1st chamber: Modified Stock cartridge with Poly Filter

2nd chamber: Filter Floss, Purigen, Chemi Pure, LR rubble

3rd chamber: Stock w/ Reef balance blocks added as needed

Other Mods: Mini-jet 404 and a highly depleted "reef budget"

Livestock

----------------

Dwarf Blue Leg Hermit Crabs

Astraea & Margarita Snails

Super Tongan Nassarius Snail

Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

Red Sea Star (Fromia milleporella)

Electric Flame Scallop (Lima sp.)

O. Clownfish - Tank-Bred

Firefish (Nemateleotris magnifica)

Corals

-----------

Favia Brain

Frogspawn

Toadstool Mushroom Leather

Assorted Zoo/star polyps

I haven't added or changed anything in about 2mo and everything is doing well except for KH which is why I add the reef balance blocks to keep it up around 10-12. All feedback and criticism is welcome. Thanks guys...

Now for the pics (56k warning! - didn't have time to reduce size from camera)

FTS

------

th_IMG_0109.jpg th_IMG_0108.jpg th_IMG_0104.jpg th_IMG_0103.jpg

th_IMG_0096.jpg th_IMG_0095.jpg th_IMG_0084.jpg th_IMG_0074.jpg

Livestock

-------------

th_IMG_a0023.jpg th_IMG_a0021.jpg th_IMG_0129.jpg th_IMG_0121.jpg

th_IMG_0119.jpg th_IMG_a0049.jpg th_IMG_a0045.jpg th_IMG_a0038.jpg

th_IMG_0071.jpg th_IMG_0068.jpg

Corals

---------

th_IMG_a0018.jpg th_IMG_0079.jpg th_IMG_0019.jpg th_IMG_0016.jpg th_img0022jr4.jpg

Looks nice! How old is your tank? I heard that Scallops are very hard to keep and that they need a well established tank, at least 6 months old before adding them or it will quickly die.... Good luck though!

Emerald Isle
Looks nice! How old is your tank? I heard that Scallops are very hard to keep and that they need a well established tank, at least 6 months old before adding them or it will quickly die.... Good luck though!

Thank you. My tank is only a few months old. I have read a ton of info on the scallops (the Lima sp. is actually a clam ;) ) and they are very hard to keep, I feed it DT's daily and it seems to be doing well. The Sea Star is also a toss up, most ppl report only being able keep them alive around 4-6 months from what I've read. It's mainly the same thing as the scallop except no one really knows what they eat in the sea stars case. My water params always test good but I'm sure there are still miniature cycles going on, I hope all stays well...

Archived