SaltCritters.com

I need some coral suggestions.

Anime Gee

I'm looking for some new corals. I'm looking for some more colorful, but easy to maintain corals. Here's my 20 gallon All-Glass Aquarium in its current state.

animegee20aganw0.th.jpg

^ Click on the thumbnail or a larger image.

I want some blue, red, purple, yellow, orange, etc. As you can see, I have lots of browns & greens. The tank has been up & running for a long while now.

Anyone have any suggestions? Type me a few coral names. Thanks! ( ^o^)/

^ I've been having bad luck finding some really nice specimens. Most of the fish stores around here don't have a nice variety. Mostly rusty colored or very plain looking Zoanthids.

id say rics if you dont mind more mushroom like corals or else maybe some acans

I like the Ricordias a lot! The mushrooms that I have are kinda neat.

animegeemushroomeh0.th.jpg

They almost look like Ricordias too!

I might try some of the blue & red mushrooms out!

I always have a hard time buying stuff at LFS too... the best stuff I have has come from online retailers and right here on N-R. These guys are pro's - they pack and ship things well and have frags that LFS's only wished they had in inventory.

I see you are in LA... there are a ton of good places in LA to buy Zoa's ... have you tried Fragglereef???

I've seen come cool stuff come out of there.

Where's that at? I've been to that fish store in Anaheim, the one off State College road, near the 91 FWY. They don't have much & it's supposed to be a pretty nice store. I also go to Jim's Exotic Fish near LAX. Once in a while they'll hve some really good stuff, but then it sells out quickly. That's my problem. Sometimes I don't have money! Hahahaha!

Try this link

http://mrcoral.com/

and then after you've looked around be sure to click on "Frag PAcks"

http://mrcoral.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=26

With one of these you can get a few of MANY different ones or get a lot of one specific zoa!!

Good luck and you tank looks GREAT! Keep posting pics!!

Allen :)

^ I've been having bad luck finding some really nice specimens. Most of the fish stores around here don't have a nice variety. Mostly rusty colored or very plain looking Zoanthids.

I like the Ricordias a lot! The mushrooms that I have are kinda neat.

animegeemushroomeh0.th.jpg

They almost look like Ricordias too!

I might try some of the blue & red mushrooms out!

i would say a nice branching orange sea sponge on the left open side, some nice pink ricordias (order them online if you have to, its worth it)on the lower right side or higher if you could manage it.

www.fragglereef.com

3645 Inglewood Ave, Unit 3

Redondo Beach, CA 90278

310 643 0240

Open For Walk-Ins

Saturdays and Sundays

11am-4pm

Thanks! I'll be checking out Mr. Coral & I'll be taking a drive to FraggleReef in about 3 weeks. I got too muc hstuff coming up these next few weekends! ( 'o') !

Here are a couple more closeup shots of my corals.

animegeeyellowkd9.th.jpg animegeetentaclesdn6.th.jpg

Keep the suggestions coming! ( ^o^)/

Just wanted to say that all your corals look lush and healthy and beautiful in their own right. Great pics, too! I really like the mushroom colony!

--Diane

alexmurovec

i just recieved some rics and zoos and i'm gonna have to say they are amazing! although i did get very bright ones, some being rare, its definetly worth it because they grow pretty fast, are easy to keep, and most of all, very colorful!

bubbles3660

Your tank looks great!

What kind of lights are you using? Some people shift to a higher spectrum for enhanced colour - 14K.

Sun corals provide a lot of pop. But you gotta feed 'em. :)

sun_feed.jpg

You don't have a lot of blues there. So blue shrooms or zoos. And this is cheating a bit but have you considered a coloured background on the back of your tank? Provides a cleaner look.

--bubbles

Thanks! I just have a 96 watt Coralife unit for lighting & the refugium has some 24 watt Odessia unit or whatever that's called. Hahahaha! I want some of those Sun Corals, but they seem like too much maintenance. The tank is pretty much self maintained right now. The refugium (chaeto), protein skimmer, & carbon pretty much remove all the crap out of the water. I just do a 5 gallon water change once a month, add water that evaporates throughout the month, & scrape the aquarium glass every week or so. Oh, & feeding the 3 fish that I have in there & the corals. That's it. The hermits & snails take care of the rest.

I also have a 55 gallon African cichlid tank, but I might be selling those off to convert it into a saltwater tank. That should be quit nice! Maybe then I'll go ahead & drop some sun chorals in there if I do!

So yeah! I might go look at some other fish stores later today!

Archived