inTank Media Baskets

Covering tank for use with SunPod

Pickle010

OK... So I think I'm going to pass on the 4.36 upgrade for my BC 29 and get the 20" 150w Current Sunpod instead. My question is if I get the SunPod do you guys recommend cutting a sheet of acrylic to cover the tank since it would be open and the Sunpod would be directly exposed to the water?

OK... So I think I'm going to pass on the 4.36 upgrade for my BC 29 and get the 20" 150w Current Sunpod instead. My question is if I get the SunPod do you guys recommend cutting a sheet of acrylic to cover the tank since it would be open and the Sunpod would be directly exposed to the water?

do you have fish to worry about jumping?

do you have fish to worry about jumping?

I suppose I do... My Six line has made the jump to the rear chambers twice now.

Good point though... I didn't even consider that. Sounds like a plexiglass lid it is.

HecticDialectics
I suppose I do... My Six line has made the jump to the rear chambers twice now.

Good point though... I didn't even consider that. Sounds like a plexiglass lid it is.

Be careful with covering the tank up too much. You don't want to mess up gas exchange any.

I would think that covering the tank while using a SunPod would tend to trap a lot of unwanted heat in the tank...

I wouldnt put acrylic under a halide like that either, run it open. You will get condensation under the acrylic. I think there is another fix for the fish going into the back chambers of the BC 29.

I wouldnt put acrylic under a halide like that either, run it open. You will get condensation under the acrylic. I think there is another fix for the fish going into the back chambers of the BC 29.

I purchased the Sunpod today... and the shop owner suggested that I make a acrylic lid that was square shaped but open in the middle. The end product would look like a square with each side being about 2" wide. He suggested that fish jump from the sides and not the middle and that this way I would keep the fish in and not the heat and still let the full light travel through the water.

I want to set it up when I get home but I'm going to hold off until I can get to Home Depot and pick up the Acrylic

*** I can handle the fish in the back chambers... I'm concerned about going open and having them hit the floor.

Archived