Innovative Marine Aquariums

BIG toadstool mushroom problem

Silurian100

Silurian100

I have a toadstool mushroom in my 30 gallon nano reef. It is bent over at the base and will not stand up for anything. I have tried moving it closer to my compact flourecent light, but no change. I need help. The entire top is blooming, but the base is slumped over.

can you post a picture of what you're seeing and the situation?

could be a flow issue. could be a space issue. could be a lighting position issue. could be a tank neighbor issue. could be an illness issue (although i doubt that one).

Whenever my shroom does that its usually splitting. It leaves part of the base and a new shroom grows from the tiny part left over. it takes about a week usually.

Silurian100

I have moved it all over the tank over the past week and nothing has changed in the past couple of days. Here is a pic. from today.

no pic. try posting in your NR gallery and just link it or point us there.

try a waterchange, run some carbon filtration, give us some details (and the pic) of your setup.

more info is really needed otherwise it's uninformed blind-guessing on an unknown situation. even with pics and exact details, it's very tough to diagnose over the internet. but without even the basics, it's basically impossible (usually). :(

Mine is actually doing that too!

The polyps or whatever are extending still though. I kept a close eye on it and it was somewhat in the path of flow and there was a frogspawn that grew big enough to reach it mid-day in the lighting.

I have since moved it and the base looks much better. I hope it's not splitting....there's no room for that in my tank.

Archived