ReefCleaners.org

LOOK WHAT I GOT TODAY!

S.I.C.

Mods??? we want to know baseline numbers first like what is max, averaged temp through out the day and all that first..

JBJ provided a 28G to Pacific Reef for pre-sale purposes. I have been watching the 28G at Pacific Reef very closely for the last few months. The average temp was 78-79 degrees. It hit 83 one time during a heat wave we had and the ambent temp was about 87 or so. This was with the ballast in the cabinet directly underneath the tank and did not help the situation.

Robbie, I must qoute Chuck Norris "Right behind you"

I picked up my 28HQI as well from the guys at PR....

I set my tank up around 5 Pm last night, tank temp was about 80.5° with the light on after 2 hours. I bought the nano artica chiller as well while i picked up the tank. The chiller kicked on for about 3 mins dropped it down to 79°, the chiller would kick on about every 45mins or so, same period of time 3 - 4 mins.

I think it was worth the wait

Mike and the Crew are awesome !

i told them they need to have a big coral sale in about a month or so , hahaha

JBJ provided a 28G to Pacific Reef for pre-sale purposes. I have been watching the 28G at Pacific Reef very closely for the last few months. The average temp was 78-79 degrees. It hit 83 one time during a heat wave we had and the ambient temp was about 87 or so. This was with the ballast in the cabinet directly underneath the tank and did not help the situation.

Robbie, I must qoute Chuck Norris "Right behind you"

Ok so lets hear the outline of the mods you are planning?

Are you putting hydor's on the returns

Actinic supplementation like a 32 watt remote ballast unit?

if you tear that thing apart please photograph and document the crap out of the process.

I am still torn between one of these or one of the cad-lights/Finns style systems.

Ok so lets hear the outline of the mods you are planning?

Are you putting hydor's on the returns

Actinic supplementation like a 32 watt remote ballast unit?

if you tear that thing apart please photograph and document the crap out of the process.

I am still torn between one of these or one of the cad-lights/Finns style systems.

Mods are as follows:

The false wall existing returns holes will be drilled out for loc-line connectors and a flare nozzle using the stock pump. Two more holes will be drilled out about 2 inches below the existing holes using loc line and a "Y" connector. This will give me 3 flare nozzles for lots of flow. I want to see which pump will last longer on a wave maker timer.

My sump/fuge I will be upgrading PC fuge light to the LED fuge light from Nano-Customs. This has an Eheim 1250 return pump which feeds through a check valve and through a SCWD. This will be fed through the center (I hope) of the false wall using loc-line connectors and round nozzles for a wider flow. I could always add a hydor on these if I want to try something different. Maybe a small korlia if I need more flow but I am trying to stay away to maximize coral space.

I might use a submersible LED for a second fuge in the media basket in the rear of the cube full of chaeto on a reverse period to reduce PH fluctuation.

I will be doing the nano-customs.com actinic upgrade. I would like two remote ballasts so I can simulate sun up/sun down.

I have a JBJ ATO. Tunze 9010 Skimmer, which I might do the mesh mod down the road.

All of this will be controlled using the Reef Keeper 2.

I picked up my 28HQI as well from the guys at PR....

I set my tank up around 5 Pm last night, tank temp was about 80.5° with the light on after 2 hours. I bought the nano artica chiller as well while i picked up the tank. The chiller kicked on for about 3 mins dropped it down to 79°, the chiller would kick on about every 45mins or so, same period of time 3 - 4 mins.

Pics?

i told them they need to have a big coral sale in about a month or so , hahaha

Check with SCNRS they have great corals and great prices, friendly group.

Sounds like a decent plan:

the current pumps that come with it do you have the specs? wondering if they would be better off being replaced with a lower voltage pump considering the other pumps you are adding will increase your temp some.

Sounds like a decent plan:

Decent? LOL I am open to suggestions.

the current pumps that come with it do you have the specs? wondering if they would be better off being replaced with a lower voltage pump considering the other pumps you are adding will increase your temp some.

I know many pumps that are lower wattage but am not sure if they can handle the on/off cycling. This is why I want to use both to start and see which model fails first. The stock pump has a higher wattage and 30 less GPH than the maxijet 1200.

I did forget to mention a JBJ Mini-Chiller.

My biggest wqorry right now is not getting enough flow through the stock grate. I know It can easily handle 532 GPH but I will need closer to 800 GPH. I anticipate having to mod that as well.

I will drill the back of the tank and use a durso pipe too. If I crack the glass I will get a pre-drilled tempered piece from Nano-Paul.

SIC,

where and how much are you going to get the submersible LED? I've been looking for something small for the fuge. TIA>

One mod I thought of when I saw the tank in person is either painting the back or getting some black kitchen drawer liner for the back and cutting out where you'll put your fuge light. This is more for night viewing since the back wall is like a smoked glass and will allow the fuge light to disburse into the room. Just an idea.

Matt-

I have not decided which LED to get for the rear fuge. I got plumbing on the mind right now. Maybe Ebay.

The false wall is black plastic, good looking out Matt.

Yes mostly SPS, some LPS and maybe some softies on the sand.

Off to Home Depot.

I'm very interested in all the mods your going to be doing and I'll be watching this thread very closely.

Matt-

Archived