Pod Your Reef

sea dragons

zhubbell

I'd like to add that they live in the temperate waters around the lower half of Australia. NOT tropical. They require live mysis shrimp, which are expensive to obtain and difficult to culture because of their highly cannibalistic nature.

I'd like to add that they live in the temperate waters around the lower half of Australia. NOT tropical. They require live mysis shrimp, which are expensive to obtain and difficult to culture because of their highly cannibalistic nature.

yup. if you're thinking of purchasing one, last price tag i heard was 30 grand for the non-weedy one

Yup, we had access to the weedy, not leafy, seadragons--10G's wholesale. (Standard markup would make it 30G's, although markup should vary when something is that high-priced.)

you need a special permit for research purposes or something like that, and yeah they cost THOUSANDS, are rediculously sensitive, and even if you had the permits and the cash actually getting your hands on some would be extremely difficult.

I remember hearing something about a guy in Aus that had a permit and has a pair of them. This is all just hearsay, but from what I heard, this guy breeds them in captivity and he's the guy that supplies them to aquariums and whatnot. From what I heard, also, you can have them from the captive breeding guy, but it'll run you @ 4grand or so for juvies.

Again, that's what I've heard about them... so don't quote me on ANY of that, because it's hearsay... and while I didn't make it up, no telling where the people I heard it from got their information.

there is only one person in australia that is allowed to dive and catch the dragons.

Chuck Norris

:haha:

It's true; that, and the only animal species that are around today are the ones that Chuck Norris allowed to live.

coraln'fish

There was four whale sharks. They just euthanized a second due to a problem with the membrane around the stomach. There's still two whale sharks though. They got them right before it was made illegal to take them from Tokyo.

~Ryan

Archived