Innovative Marine Aquariums

vitamins and minerals to fish food?

Blacktone

I was wondering if you guys use vitamins and/or garlic supplements to soak the fish food in before feeding? If you do what are some good choices or is it all pretty much worthless and I should just food process a seafood mix from the store, freeze it and call it the day?

I was wondering if you guys use vitamins and/or garlic supplements to soak the fish food in before feeding? If you do what are some good choices or is it all pretty much worthless and I should just food process a seafood mix from the store, freeze it and call it the day?

hard to answer. I just started using garlic but its unproven. I figure if it helps with ppls immune system it could also help with a fish. Noone really knows that Ive come across. Its also very expensive.

Helfrichs Chick

I read that the chemecials in garlic are only usefull if its fresh and you use it within a few hours. I have used if before and found it helpfull but it was always fresh garlic... cheap too.

I personally use vitachem. I take a cube of frozen prime reef, I like prime reef, lot sof diffrent foods in it.... and drench it in vita chem. Let it thaw out over an hour or so and then with tweezers feed small ammounts. My fish LOVE it, I also REALLY like ORA pellet food. Its slow sinking. It seems to give my clowns AWESOME color, and since that what they were raised on they gobble it up. I personally have not done research on the value of vitamins but I figure it cant hurt. Vita chem is great, keep it in the fridge thou.

Archived