inTank Media Baskets

ultimatefrags.com

roxy25

here is my story about a YEAR ago I put down a deposit for some corals ( rare zoas) . I was not ready for them for a few months and I told Rommel to hold him. maybe 4 months later I contacted him and he tells me that he will go look at our old e-mails to refresh his memory about what I wanted. well month and months and months went by ( turn into a year) no word from him I also e-mailed him many times still no answer.

Then this year around feb I visited his site and it says he was out of business. well that really ###ed me off so I e-mailed him asking for my deposit. I still got no word etc.... So I asked people on RC does anyone know him and I also e-mailed people on exotic farmers website ( which he was apart of). anyways months went by then I decided to do a search about him on NR well I found out he was back in business.

How rude ... I also saw that all the zoas i wanted where not on his site any more .....

anyways I gave him the benefit of doubt and e-mailed him one more time. He answer ( only because he is back in business how ironic ) He only seems to answer your e-mails it it has to do with buying corals, if it has to do with a problem he will not answer you back. He also claims he didn't get the e-mails ......

so I told him I am ready to order something well I looked at the site and didn't see anything worth buying because I have it already or could get it for nothing from a local hobbyist . I told him that also lol and he didn't even respond or offer my money back. So I waited a little longer and finally saw some frags worth buying. So I order 5 frags. they came on time and everything so after I got them in my tank I was please everything doing well.

I noticed two things first one coral I bought was not the color he had on his website Pink Polyps Cyphastrea. He has changed the picture of it before it was green with pink polyps, second the way he glue some of the frags was crazy, the pipe organ was the smallest frag and I expected a bigger piece. He e-mailed me saying that it was small and he would refund me if I wanted . I e-mailed him back saying it was small etc.. and that the Cyphastrea was not the same color and I asked him why ? have yet to hear back from him. I am threw trying to get customer service from this guy. I would not buy from him again. too much hassle and I think some of his pics where photoshopped. I did ask him for some pics prior to buying and it took him 4 days to get some he kept saying he had visitors ( more excuses whatever)

I forgot after waiting a year for corals ( are not the ones I really wanted mind you aka zoas) he gave me ONE free frag -_- of a low light acro for some reason he glued it on its side not straight up lol

ok here is the pic he sent me ( this is still not the picture he had up) it was a little more green but even in this pic it has some green

you be the judge

post-6862-1182367130_thumb.jpg

So I asked people on RC does anyone know him and I also e-mailed people on erotic farmers website ( which he was apart of).

erotic farmers? interesting... i'm pretty sure that's not the same website ;)

Rommel is a good guy, super busy I'm guessing. It's nice to see how patient you are with him.

Ask for his phone #, i'm sure it's much easier to deal with him that way. Technology these days, including email, is so sketchy it's hard to say what is really happening.

talk to him on the phone, I'm sure things will sort themselves out!

goodluck!!

I staright up wont order any high end coral from anyone as you can get a frag of anything you want out here in Socal....Take advantage!

I have spent over a grand with rommel in the past few months and had zero problems. Sucks you had to go through all this but the one complaint i had about one of my frags he immediately made up for.

Since he has come back your the first i know of personally to have problems i hope it works out for you.

man I need to relocate to socal it sounds like they have all the good stuff!

I have spent over a grand with rommel in the past few months and had zero problems. Sucks you had to go through all this but the one complaint i had about one of my frags he immediately made up for.

Since he has come back your the first i know of personally to have problems i hope it works out for you.

man I need to relocate to socal it sounds like they have all the good stuff!

us here in NorCal (like Rommel at UF) get just as many goodies =) I mean, heck, we have atlantis aquarium too! and all those LE people at exotic frag farmers

erotic farmers? interesting... i'm pretty sure that's not the same website ;)

LOL whoops I mean exotic lol

will edit that

I staright up wont order any high end coral from anyone as you can get a frag of anything you want out here in Socal....Take advantage!

yeah that is my first and last order for corals online exceptions cloves lol

Ok correct me if I am wrong but I read some where (and no I dont keep any sps but montis ) that SPS grow faster verticaly then horizontaly so by glueing them on there side you have more vertical surface area to grow...I think it was in a eric bornmen frag vid posted on this site a while ago.

Ok correct me if I am wrong but I read some where (and no I dont keep any sps but montis ) that SPS grow faster verticaly then horizontaly so by glueing them on there side you have more vertical surface area to grow...I think it was in a eric bornmen frag vid posted on this site a while ago.

it allows the branching coral to have more area to build a base on, more surface area hitting the light, and I think it's all around better, if you're willing to wait for it to reform itself =)

there's no problem mounting it sideways at all =) plus it's easier, hehe.

Archived