Cultivated Reef

Powerhead for 20H Tank

steve888

I have 20H 24x13x16 acrylic tank from Tru Vu. TRying to find ideal powerhead for both circulation and movment. No sump. I already tried MJ600 with Hydro flo and Koralia. Both seems too much current for my Clove Polyps.

specs:

20H 24x13x16

Remora with MJ1200

LR, LS

Some SPS frags, zoos, Ricordea, blastoma, Neon Clove Polyps and Xenia.

I want to have good movment, but don't want to blast my corals.

Silurian100
I have 20H 24x13x16 acrylic tank from Tru Vu. TRying to find ideal powerhead for both circulation and movment. No sump. I already tried MJ600 with Hydro flo and Koralia. Both seems too much current for my Clove Polyps.

specs:

20H 24x13x16

Remora with MJ1200

LR, LS

Some SPS frags, zoos, Ricordea, blastoma, Neon Clove Polyps and Xenia.

I want to have good movment, but don't want to blast my corals.

Sorry about the last reply, I was playing with the computer and that posted. I would highly suggest purchasing a hydor powerhead 1 for that size tank. They do not have a direct flow, but rather have a spontanious/random current. I love them, I use 3 on two seperate tanks. I found them at oneLFS, but because they are a newer item, most stores do not carry them. I would check online and see what you can find. They are trully worth the money.

The Ultimate DanK

Try putting the power heads in a different location. I have two koralia 1s on my 20h and all my corals get along just fine. Then again, I only have gsp, ricordia, and some zoas.

• 2 weeks later...

Update. I am using one Koralia one pointed at angle from upper back area of the tank. My SPS loves it, but it's still bit too much for my frogspawn and clove polyps. I tried repositioning them. Think I may have to go with two smaller powerhead.

Try putting the power heads in a different location. I have two koralia 1s on my 20h and all my corals get along just fine. Then again, I only have gsp, ricordia, and some zoas.

Try and position them differently but if you're rearing to get a lower power powerhead, I'd go for a MJ400, very reliable.

Archived