inTank Media Baskets

My new 120G

shaggydoo541

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok well my tank has seen better days and my stupidity is really making my SPS unhappy but now that the angels are gone I am seeing polyp extension for the first time. So that is good. Well it is about time for more pics.... so enjoy and I decided to take a new FTS to show all around growth so far. Enjoy!

Duncan... my new favorite LPS

2115627209_cb4a8fcc72_b.jpg

Clam of course ;)

2115648377_e55a8cc129.jpg

FTS taken this last weekend... its come a long way!

2116411532_9a28a4422d_b.jpg

Branching Flower Pot

2116407716_3432d03b7e_b.jpg

Blue Shrooms

2116424766_e5c79e7881_b.jpg

Green Fungia

2116419552_c45064ce57_b.jpg

Green Branching Monti

2115637941_5086e9daf5_b.jpg

Rainbow acan... making a comeback now that the imperator is dead

2116420600_1d83581c69_o.jpg

Zoas

2116420238_7dfd8b060e_b.jpg

Green acan of some sort

2115634117_0000b15e3b_b.jpg

Diane - Thats not a bad idea to label all the pics ;) ... I've done so now.

Thanks! It was the Duncan and the Monti I was unsure about. Once you named the former I recognized it right off--just never seen such a phenomenal close-up before!

BTW, my fav's the fungia, just because I like them in general...And I think flower pots are always beautiful, yours especially.

--Diane

Thanks m1enbo and gerber.

I definitely enjoy my LPS. That branching flower pot is so unique. I've never seen anyone else with one. So I'm glad I found it at a local LFS a month or two back.

How about some more pics? I was dinkin around for the last half hour and got these.

Pineapple Brain

2125647891_183402ec5e_b.jpg

Green with purple zoas

2126423354_f4b95733cc_o.jpg

Pink Paly

2126423656_0bbe40310d_o.jpg

Most amazing Aussie Acan ever

2126423624_eb25436dd2_b.jpg

Can you guess what this is? Besides heavily photoshopped I mean ;)

2126425112_e7c634dbbd_b.jpg

Illuminano got it... as long you meant aiptasia (I believe they are also referred to as glass anemones). It is definitely aiptasia. The most well behaved aiptasia ever. I've had it for years and it has grown but slowly. Has never split or sent out babies. I had a pepp that died shortly after starting my 120 and this has been the only aiptasia in my new tank. Not only does it mind its own business but it acts like a fence keeping some red palys from overgrowing other nearby corals I like a lot better than the palys.

I was going to guess Aiptasia but I was afraid that would insult you. :D I'm always interested to hear these sorts of stories of people who have atypical experiences with "pests." The one time I got aips they lived up to their reputation and I could practically watch them multiply (happily they were in a quarantine tank). Do you know if this nem was already a good-sized one when you got it? I've often wondered if they are more stable...less reproductive. I've seen similar effects in dealers' tanks--a few big aips but no infestation...

--Diane

It actually started as a small baby. My nano did have a bad infestation as well. I got a pep and he took care of all but one. Then in the transfer to my larger tank the pep died shortly thereafter. No new aiptasia and this guy grows very slowly.

Well, and that makes me think that maybe there was something special about this one that made your pep leave it alone! Or is there something about big tanks that makes aips more "secure?" :D

Bad as they can be, I also find them fascinating.

--Diane

You know honestly I'm not sure if there is something about my larger tank.... cause definitely in my nano I had an aiptasia problem and all of my rock/livestock went from nano to larger tank. Either way I plan on being proactive this time around and getting some pepps eventually but since I have never seen any baby aiptasia I'm not very motivated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Shaggy, I read through all 8 pages of the thread and am very impressed by the progression. All of the compliments are well deserved. A question about the stand and canopy. Are those DIY or store bought? Either way they are a nice compliment to the tank.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a few new fish to replace my dead angels. Found this anthias that is gorgeous. The pics really don't do it justice but here is what I have for now. I'll try to get more pics later.

2192106292_b5be1b7bd5_b.jpg

2191318035_6ffc1dfba7_b.jpg

supreme_spork
Got a few new fish to replace my dead angels. Found this anthias that is gorgeous. The pics really don't do it justice but here is what I have for now. I'll try to get more pics later.

the pics do it justice. :)

Archived