SaltCritters.com

Diggman's BC29 journal (currently out of commision)

diggman08

How are all the plans pulling together man? Any estimated time when you're going to pull the trigger on this? I know it's a lot of planning, etc.

When you get everything up and running and stable, I have a couple of frags for you...maybe even a nice monti frag to suck you into SPS :)

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha... thanks Dive... well i just bought a truck..so the plans are delayed a couple weeks till i get caught up on the muullahh.. the trigger is defintly pulled ( just left the safety). probably start after memorilal day.. thanks about the frags DUDE... i appreciate it... o and i fragged some of my daisy polyps and put them in the PICO and they opened right up.. if you want i can CUT you a Chunk( beware these things grow ) but they look awesome swaying in the flow...almost like anenome..... :)

Awesome...glad to hear everything is pretty much planned out for the recovery project :) Looking forward to seeing how things progress with the tank.

I will have some frags ready for you when the tank is up and rolling again.

• 3 weeks later...

ok guys.. so im too tired at this point to post pictures and what not abou the break down of the tank....

i went ahead and did it today.. totally cleaned her out... i have all my filters, heater, pumps. etc... soaking in hot water and Vinegar right now... i took the tank outside,, and have the back wall soakin in 100% vinegar.. man what a pain to get all the coralin of that back walll..... its gettin there though.... i want it too loook brand new.... im not sure extactly as too when im going to get it back and going...

ive been so caught up at work and in debt..lol... but i assure you will see her again... its gonna look a little bit diff next go round....(black moon sand) and some other cool things..

im lovin the PICO tank though.. ive been caught up in that thing... i have some new lights on the way for it.(36wtt Current Dual) cant wait! check out the Pico thread new pics coming soon in it..

i snapped some last pics of the BC yesterday during the break down.. ill get few pics up this evening..

Diggman's BC29 Jun 8 2008 R.I.P. :tears::bowdown::grouphug:

thanks everyone for the great tips and knowledge youve given too help with my reefkeeping...

my Pico thread will continue on so SubScribe to it.. this one (to be continued)

Best of luck man. I will continue to follow your pico thread while still longing to see this bad boy back up and running. I completely understand why you took it down though. I have contemplated this before with mine but something keeps bring me back and I just can't do it.

Your pico is awesome though and I'm sure it will help you satisfy your salty itch til you get to a place where you can set this back up.

thanks guys... its killin me seeing it sit there empty... its like a new canvas ready to be painted...

ok so here are the final pics...

just plane ole discusting

DSC01176.jpg

look at this gunk build up

DSC01178.jpg

something doesnt look right

DSC01180.jpg

cleaned her up.. i left a few war wounds on back just to show im not a rookie ;)

DSC01181.jpg

DSC01182.jpg

DSC01185.jpg

why not .. heres a pic of my truck and atv

DSC01155.jpg

DSC01156.jpg

DSC01157.jpg

ok thats all folks.. god bless.. check out my Pico thread.. and i assure you this thread will rise again..

that quad is sweet! I like how they color match

Did you come up with a final game plan for the BC?

Phew....that was a LOT of gunk in there. I guess I can see why you ended up just deciding to ditch it, dump it all and start new later on down the road. I can just imagine the smell that went along with that picture :)

Sweet truck and quad man. I agree with Tudizzle that I bet that quad looks sweet tucked away up in the bed of your truck. I will have to post a pic of my '77 Jeep CJ-5 sometime.

I was thinking, maybe you should plop that 150w Sunpod over your 3g pico :)

Sorry for keeping this thread alive....guess Tudizzle and I are just holdouts from when you first started this bad boy.

THANKS GUYS... YEAH YALL HAVE BEEN HERE FROM THE START... YEAH TUDD I THINK IM GONNA JUST WWAIT AWHILE TILL I SET IT BACK UP.. I NEED TO SIT BACK AND LOOK AT MY OPTIONS.. IM GONNA MODIFY IT AND HAVE A NICE FUGE IN IT AND STUFF... BLACK SAND WITH 20K LIGHTING... I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A ALL CLOVE,DAISY POLYPS AND RICORDIA TANK, WITH MORE FISH THIS TIME.. IT SO HARD TO KEEP UP WITH ALL THOSE DIFFERERENT SPECIES OF CORALS AND THERE NEEDS...

YEAH THE 4WHEELER LOOKS PRETTY GOOD BACK THERE IN THE FORD :) I HAVE ONLY PUT IT LIKE 2 HOURS ON THE BIKE..LOL..

DANG IT DIVE... WHYD YOU HAVE TO GIVE ME THAT IDEAD... HMMMM.. I STILL HAVE THE HANGING BRACKET MOUNTS FOR THE LIGHT..HEHE.... NAAAAHHH... HAHA

I like the clove, daisy and ric idea digg. Another option if you are thinking you want more fish, less coral, would be a rock island right in the middle with open space all around. With the fuge option you are thinking of and a skimmer you could probably get away with a 1-1.5" sand bed and minimal rockwork. Just a thought, come on back bud we need you in the biocube group............

I KNOW I KNOW.. ILL BE PROBABLY BE BACK SOONER THAN YOU THINKK.... IM LOVIN THE IDEA OF THE ROCK ISLAND IN THE MIDDLE.. ILL KEEP THAT IN MIND..... IT WILL LOOK LIKE A VOLCANO WITH THE BLACK SAND :)

I CANT DECIDE IF I JUST WANT TO PUT A CPR SKIMMER IN CHAMBER 2. OR MAKE CHAMBER 2 A FUGE AND PUT A SMALL OCEANICE SKIMMER IN CHAMBER 1.. WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS SPANK

I CHUNKED THE BIOBALLS DURING THE BREAKDOWN..WOOOHOO!

I went with the fuge in chamber #2 and the Oceanic skimmer and Stealth heater in chamber #1. (Return pump and ATO floats in #3) I did not put any rubble in the fuge, just some Chaeto and an Azoo Palm light over the top. Have to trim the Chaeto about once per month and have a goodly amount of pods growing in there. I think with the stock you are proposing it would be a good option for you to consider.

There is some info and pics in my thread.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...42977&st=20

chamber 2 fuge's are sweet. Although I prefer the rear mounted light.

This thread will never die!!!! :P

proper ventalation solves any heat issues...but my tank is also in a basement that never gets over 68 degrees soooooooooooo for others I could see where this may be an issue.

WELL I CURRENTLY UPGRADING MY TOM PICO TANK LIGHTING.. SO I THINK THE STOCK 13WTT CLAMP ON LIGHT WILL BE PERFECT FOR THE CHAMBER 2 FUGE.. IT SHOULD CLAMP RIGHT ON THE DIVIDER BETWEEN CHAMBER 2 AND 3... I LOVE HOW PEOPLE ALWAYS ARGUE THE TOPIC SKIMMER OR REFUGIUM... WELL MY NEW THEORY IS KILL 2 BIRDS WITH ONE STONE AND HAVE BOTH :) OR IS IT ONE BIRD WITH 2 STONES IN THIS MATTER..

THANKS TUDD AND SPANK I DONT WANT THIS THREAD TO DIE OUT EITHER :) :)

Just when you think this thread has died down....we are going to come out of hiding and post so you get that nice e-mail notification :ninja:

SPANK DID YOU REMOVE THE FALSE FLOOR IN CHAMBER 2? I PLANN ON DOING SOME SORT OF DRIP TRAY MOD.. I WANT TO HAVE ZERO WATER FALL SOUND ... I CANT STAND IT :rant:

HAHA I LIKE THE NINJA

No left the false floor in to help keep some of the Chaeto out of the Rio return pump. Also recently laid the bag of Purigen and Chemi-Pure Elite on top of the false floor with the Chaeto on top of it to force more water through them and to add additional barrier to the Chaeto.

THATS A GOOD IDEA..... DO YOU THINK TOM PICO LIGHT WILL BE SUFFIENENT FOR THE CHAETO?? ITS 13WTT DAYLIGHT/ACTINIC I THINK 6500K.. I STILL HAVE TO FIGURE OUT SOMETHING FOR THE DRIP TRAY MOD....

I KEEEP GETTTIN THE URGE JUST TO PUT THE TANK ON HERE FOR SALE WITH LIGHTING AND EVERYTHING.. WILL YALL PLEASE TALK ME OUT OF IT.. THANKS.

MAINLY BECAUSE THE MONEY AND TIME.. IM THINKING OF WAITING TILL I GET A NEW HOUSE,,, AND SET UP A 120GAL :) AND JUST ENJOY THE WORLD OF PICO UNTIL THEN... I ACTUALLLY REALLY ENJOY THESE PICO TANKS.. IM HOOOKEDD..

I THOUGHT OF SETTING UP ANOTHER PICO TANK.. THE 3GAL JBJ GLASS ONE..

WHAT DO YALL THINK WOULD BE A GOOD PRICE FOR MY SETUP( if i were to sell it) .. INCLUDES:

29GAL BC

Sunpod

BC Stand

2 Koralia 1's

1 Rio 6hF

Stock pump

Stealth Heater

Y splie Loc-Line

Mag-Float

corallife Dual Timer

some cleaning supplies

and would throw in a few Chemicals and what not