SaltCritters.com

Diggman's BC29 journal (currently out of commision)

diggman08

Keep an eye on your salinity, because you are getting evaporation, even it's small and not noticable. It'll cause your salinity to creep up over time.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

actually im trying to get it up some. its only at 1.023ish right now im trying to get it up to around 25..so i figure this way would be the best just topping of the RO saltwater... thanks for lookin out yardboy.

o by the way, find any goodies for me :)

got bored and snapped some shots.

what the heck are they doing?

DSC00502.jpg

my favorites(and they were freebies)

DSC00520.jpg

ZOAVILLE

DSC00518.jpg

SOME HERM'S CHECKIN OUT THE VILLE

DSC00514.jpg

sorry for the pics blurry, i need a tripod

Nice shots!

I do have something you might like, but darn it, my camera's not behaving. I'll get some shots tomorrow. Didn't want you to think I'd forgotten about you!

Not interested in this eh?

SinulariaGreen.jpg

Looks awesome....the picture of "zoaville" is great :) I think all of the colors compliment each other perfectly. Any reason why you have the eagle eyes shaded or is that just the way it went? Just curious if you did this since you were losing color or anything.

One of the coolest things that you'll discover about zoas and corals in general is that there is always the possibility that things will morph, sometimes not a good thing and other times it will change into something awesome.

Are you planning on keeping manly zoas or are you going to try some other LPS as well (acan, frogspawn, etc.)?

I see some bubble algae in there that you might want to try and get rid of....it won't spread too quickly but if it's possible, better to be proactive now... you don't want to pop one of those bad boys :)

Have a good Friday man

thanks dive. yeah i been meaning to get rid of the bubble algae. it actually came on the rock when i bought it..yeah im pretty much addicted to zoas..lol. but im going to put alot of florida rics in there too. maybe hammer coral,. etc.. yeah i just placed the zoas like that. no intention of shade or anything, they just fit good there:) they seem to be getting goodlight still... the only ones that are in the shade a little are the fire/ice, and some of the gorilla nips.. but theyre still happy and growing..... and im still having to look at this ugly hair algae in my sand. :(

well. got my zoa frags in today, replacing the ones that didnt make it last time.. i must say he HOOKED me up.. i got like 6 frags... only at the cost of shipping.. ill get some pics up when they open.. i cant wait too see what kind they are..

Hmmm. If you should know it I probably should too :D My only experience is getting one about 6 months ago and putting it in a 3 yr. old tank. It's doing great, growing quite rapidly. I'd say it's easier than most sps, anyway! I've heard they can outgrow a tank about like a Euphyllia (torch, frogspawn, hammer, anchors)

Mike, I'm just throwing out different pics of stuff I have until I get the darn shots of those zoanthids. You mentioned hammer. I personally think frogspawns are cooler, but you might not.

frogspawn031606post.jpg

Hmmm. If you should know it I probably should too :D My only experience is getting one about 6 months ago and putting it in a 3 yr. old tank. It's doing great, growing quite rapidly. I'd say it's easier than most sps, anyway! I've heard they can outgrow a tank about like a Euphyllia (torch, frogspawn, hammer, anchors)

Mike, I'm just throwing out different pics of stuff I have until I get the darn shots of those zoanthids. You mentioned hammer. I personally think frogspawns are cooler, but you might not.

frogspawn031606post.jpg

I dont know, I have not seen a coral yet that I don't like. Well, except for those aiptasia. I killed one when my tank was a few weeks old. When I read your sig about since you started your "Ghetto Beauty", I was humming "In the Ghetto" By Johnny Cash. :lol:

Pssst. I think that was Elvis? :P Oh No! Now you've got me doing it!

Ever seen a mushroom like the one on the right? Stop me when I get too far off topic.

mushroom072707.jpg

cant say i have.. what are those white spots on it.., it is pretty cool lookin yard... that frogspawn is great too.. i hear that sometimes clowns will host them..

I need to stop reading my own posts. I have that song stuck in my head again. I might as well pretend to be a black woman for a few minutes and sing along to get it out of my head.

And cool 'shroom

You know Im not gonna do that right....... right?

No, I took you at your word John. I tell you what, I won't try and picture it, ok? :lol:

Mike, those are....flourescent white spots, a variation on white stripes I guess. All the shrooms out of that morph have them though. I just wish they'd reproduce faster. The don't want me to get the blender after their asses.

Hey guys, I'm new to your post, but have read all of them. Thanks for being so thorough. I have gotten alot of good info from your posts.

My name is Kevin. I just set up a BC29 on 7-24-07. I have pics if I can figure out how to post them. Let me know what you think.

One question. You said you removed the false bottom from the 2nd chamber. Why did you remove it? Was it to make room for more bio balls? Just curious as to why.

post-29985-1185651868_thumb.jpg

welcome to NR ga6394... thats some mighty nice live rock you got there.. nice lookin scape tooo... i removed the false floor from chamber 1.. so my heater would fit in the back.. you should def. start a thread on your tank.. it helps to keep track of your tank progress.. o. and 1 more thing i wouldnt add anything else to your tank for at least 1 1/2months.. those chromis are hardy so it should survive the cycle..

Well i got my koralia 1 in today from surftaco... i must say they are Awsome!!.. it puts out a great flow... ne wayz heres a pic of it.. yall give me some input on its location,, and there direction of my loc-line..

DSC00522.jpg

Thanks for the input Diggman. I used to have a 75g SW yrs ago. First nano though. Put the little green guy in to help cycle the tank. Got the rock from a lfs. I was surprised at the quality of the rock. Nice features.

One more ?

How did you get the photos to post directly to the page without have to click on them to enlarge them? Maybe the wrong forum for such a question.

Thx

just start a photobucket.com account.. you can load alll your pic onto their.. and just copy the img code and paiste it in here... it will auto resize it and stuff for you too

OK HELP PEOPLE... none of my zoas will open completely,. this is the 2nd day... i just put a koralia 1 in tank when they stopped fully opening.. could it be that???? i dont see why its not a significant difference or direct flow.... what is the problem experts??

Nitrate-0

ammonia-0

spec grav.- 1.024

Ph-7.9

noobwithatank
OK HELP PEOPLE... none of my zoas will open completely,. this is the 2nd day... i just put a koralia 1 in tank when they stopped fully opening.. could it be that???? i dont see why its not a significant difference or direct flow.... what is the problem experts??

Nitrate-0

ammonia-0

spec grav.- 1.024

Ph-7.9

give them time to open up. mine honestly love the flow. the ones in almost "direct" flow open up more and fast then the ones not. just give them time.

Archived