Coral Vue Hydros

Diggman's BC29 journal (currently out of commision)

diggman08

Well its been a month since i started my BC29, so i decided to start a day by day journal. ive been reading forums on here every day since the start and ive already gained tons of knowledge, mostly from TealCorbras thread.. ive done most of his mods , exluding the lighting upgrade(coming soon)!. all responses and critisism appreciated..

so heres a pic newly set up about a month ago.

DSC00298.jpg

My tank has finished its cycle i believe, this week. i had a big diatom bloom, lasted around 1.5 weeks. now its cleared up and my rock is starting to form some nice coraline.. ill get an updated pic up tomorow.

i have 20lbs. of live sand , and 24lbs. of premium live rock. few zoa frags.

mods in signature.

i want to get all my mods done and finished , before i start adding nice corals and fish

SOME ZOAS I ORDERED FROM BOBAFET ON HERE. Fire/ice

DSC00319.jpg

DSC00321.jpg

watermelon

i dont knw what these are. they came on some of my live rock around 40 of them. Great rock huh

DSC00320.jpg

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks great! Awesome start. The layout of the rock looks nice as well. Mine BC29 is only about a week old but im getting there.

Looks nice man :)

I like the aquascape

That front right corner is begging for a fungia (plate) coral !

I'm quite partial to the neon orange with purple tips :)

yes, my name upgrade is definetly going to be the 4.36 nanotuners kit.1 actinic and 1 50/50. and eventually a cpr skimmer. ive done most of the mods everyone else has done to their BC. I actually just got my rio6hf with the loc-line split, and im thinking about switching it back factory. i like the quietness and the soft flow of it.

Well heres the updated fts., left &right, 6/20/07 about 1month and aweek in.. some purple coraline starting to form.. i also moved a few rocks around in my aquascape.

DSC00363.jpg

Left

DSC00355.jpg

right

DSC00356.jpg

Its a work in progress, iknow its not much to look at, but im going slow with it.. i think of it as a blank canvas. and i am Picaso

Well think im going back to the factory pump setup..(which wasnt bad to begin with)).. my tank is like 4ft. from my bed, and i cant sleep with that rio6hf.. its not vibrating or anything, its just a little louder.. if anything ill get a tunze nanostream..that should give the water a great movement.

ok, im fired up. im most likely ordering my 4.36 nanotuner upgrade tomorow!!. just wanted to get some feedback.. is it a big difference in the vibrance of your corals.?

Probably going to keep the fac. mooonlights.. would i be ok with the regular fans on the var. adapter. or do i need to go with the increased flow.(i hate any NOISEs coming from my tank) temps now 75-77.

prob get a 50/50 & another actinic., maybe 2 actinics?

anybody?? before i order.

I was looking into the same upgrade for my BC 29 but bought the Current 150w MH Sunpod this morning instead.

ANYHOW... I would suggest you get the upgraded fans with the variable speed control. At least you can turn down the fans at night if need be.

The other thing is how late do you run your lights? My fans turn off when my lighting goes out. - No Noise.

my fans are only on for around 6 hours when my 10k is on.. i run them from like 11am to 10 pm. i still dont know if i should i get 2 actinics or 1 50/50 and 1 actinic.. any suggestions on these combos?.. the actinic seems to make the corals really glow.

my fans are only on for around 6 hours when my 10k is on.. i run them from like 11am to 10 pm. i still dont know if i should i get 2 actinics or 1 50/50 and 1 actinic.. any suggestions on these combos?.. the actinic seems to make the corals really glow.

To my understanding Actinic lights are mostly astethic. But they do make colors pop. The combo you choose would depend on how you like your lighting to look. I would call them and ask what would be best for you.

yeah ill do that. if you dont mind me asking how much did that sunpod run you, and how do you like it, as far as color, temp, evap.

weeell i called nanotuners yesterday.. and they were very helpfull. neways i ordered my 4.36 kit.and it should be here towards the end of the week. il keep updated

I just installed the 4.36 upgrade. I got another 10k and another actinic. Also ordered the upgrade fans and variable speed controller. The fans are louder when set to max on the controller, but they are controllable so you can make them quieter if you want to.

The difference is amazing. Only been on about a week now so not seeing any morphing of actual color on any of my corals yet and who knows I may not see any. So now I am trying a SPS, my first one, a monti-cap set high up in the rockwork by one of the 10k's. We'll see how it goes.

yeah ill do that. if you dont mind me asking how much did that sunpod run you, and how do you like it, as far as color, temp, evap.

I paid $240 for the Sunpod - I'm sure you can do better though - kind of an impulse buy. I thought it was a decent price since I had seen it elsewhere for $270.00. I couldn't give you any feedback on it yet other then it looks great in the box. I was deciding if I wanted to suspend it higher out to start with or use some mesh material to cut back the light as my tank gets used to it. I'd imagine it will be a big shock to my system to go from the stock PC's to MH so I want to take it slow.

If all goes well I should have it up tonight.

i here those sunpods are really nice... i got my nanotuners kit for around 200..

Spanko i got another actinic and 1 50/50, this should really make my coral color pop out.I cant wait to get it in!!. i got the var. adapter and upgrade fans too.

im prob just gonnna leave the fans on 24/7,, just turn em down low at night.

emerald crab croaked today.. prob because thier is now algae for it to feed on

well, im thinking of getting a tunze nanostream and putting it on the back of my tank in between the 2 water intakes on right.. is it possible to put the tunze on a voltage adapter to lower the flow?

well not gettin much feedback on here.. neway here some updated PICS..

got my nanotuners 4.36 installed it is awsome.. i love the var voltage adapter, my fans are quieter than stocks.

Looks like im gettin another plague of diatoms. THEY just cleared up TOo

DSC00378.jpg

DSC00375.jpg

4.36-actinics

DSC00412.jpg

DSC00390.jpg

DSC00387.jpg

DSC00411.jpg

DSC00410.jpg

DSC00397.jpg

havent checked my params, or done a water change in 2 WEEKS.. go ahead a burn me, i deserve it. :)

Archived