ReefCleaners.org

$250 COMPLETE 55G SET UP!

FiShTaNk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Update post..... So not much has changed lately just been busy with the holiday's. I have found a local reefer that is going to take my Yellow Belly Hippo that has out grown my tank off my hands. I thought long and hard about upgrading and, at this point in my life its just not economical. So the hippo with soon be off to a temporary 180 gallon and then in a permanent 340 cylinder. After the hippo is gone I will most likely get rid of my niger trigger. Though he is still small I fear that the hippo's dominance in the tank is that only thing holding him back from picking on the rest of his tankmates. I'm willing to bet money he is responsable for the MIA of my two cleaner shrimp. After those to fish are gone I will have room for more new fish, though I will def be sad to see the yellow belly go.

I would like to see myself upgrading again in the next year. This is the third year I have been doing this and my third tank. 10...16....55... Though only time will tell. Although I would love to get a baby hippo or clown tang, what are some good options for fish that can remain in a 55 for a extended period of time.... I will be keeping my flame angel and my mandarian goby so the new fish will have to get along with these two. Also if I stick with small fish what would be the max number of fish.

he is no where near full grown may be 3-4".... the only problem is if you from CA I'm in NY which in your case would be better for you to get one from an LFS, considering shipping would be expenive and it madd cold up here right now.

nanoreefnate
he is no where near full grown may be 3-4".... the only problem is if you from CA I'm in NY which in your case would be better for you to get one from an LFS, considering shipping would be expenive and it madd cold up here right now.
oh...alright...it pretty cold down here to but not snowing...i just wanted to get another for my agressive setup...=)and my lfs only has huge nigers...i want a small one like yours...cuz i have one thats about the same size...3 inches i would say

I bet your LFS could order you one......Also..Not promoting Petco or Deathco as it is known around here.... or if there is even one near you..BUT... if you know what your looking for... I have seen healthy nigers at the petco near me and there usual small do to the small death pods (tanks) at Petco.

nanoreefnate
I bet your LFS could order you one......Also..Not promoting Petco or Deathco as it is known around here.... or if there is even one near you..BUT... if you know what your looking for... I have seen healthy nigers at the petco near me and there usual small do to the small death pods (tanks) at Petco.

haha...funny you mention that...my triger was from deathco...really healthy too!!! which is very unusual...and...when i put it in my reef tank...it didnt eat any of my corals!!! i was amazed...but stil...wil not buy livestock from petco anymore..always LFS,fellow reefer, or online...=)

• 1 month later...

So.... I found a home for the yellow belly hippo tang. He is now in a 180 and soon to be in a 340g cylinder. However in the process of taking the hippo out of my tank I must have stressed my fame angel out, because the next day I found her died. :angry:! I still have the trigger, but he will be going back to the LFS soon. I got two new fish.... A baby hippo and a baby sailfin tang. Now before you go and flame me, I will be setting up a new tank this May of at least 90 gallons. I'm not 100% sure on the size yet, it will depend on what is the best deal on craigslist or in the paper between then and now. I also have acquired a bunch of new zoa frags. I will post new pictures soon. Also planning on getting another flame angel and maybe a sixline wrasse.

i like the frog? idk im not really good at IDing...XD so hows the tank? i read about the flame angel...that sucks...and did u sell the trigger yet?

consider yourself "FLAMED"

:owned:

uhh...ok?

No not yet....I gave up trying to get him out...I am moving in may into a house so I will just take care of him then.

[/quoh...cool...what size tank u gonna keep him in? the same one?

No....something not sure yet..... People seem to sell there systems in the spring becuase summer is coming people tend to want to be outside and what not....like craigslist has mad systems, tanks and equipment right now. So hopefully I can find a super deal like I did with the 55. I would love to find a 125....its not huge but I can get the length I want 72" long. About the trigger...he is a really sweet fish and people are always really suprised by how he swims. But, he is a bully and I don't want him to take out fish that cost more than he did. Like the pair of huge cleaners shrimp he already man handled. So it is a toss up if I will keep him right now. The tank I have now is a 55 gallon for those that missed that.

Archived