Coral Vue Hydros

nUgZ's new 10g

nUgZ

Thanks for looking Matty1124. Yes those are the same...I don't know if I have any "secrets". You can use a razor and split the into twos or fours. That's really the only way make them split.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I haven't been extremely happy with this tank recently. I've battled a grape caulerpa infestation which has been horrible to say the least. The huge mushroom was never the same ever since it ate the fish. It shriveled up and died a few weeks ago. I haven't seen my Trimma goby in a week or two, but I had him for 2-3 years. Most of the Trimma's only live for a year in captivity so I guess he lived a long life. Maybe he'll show back up...who knows. None of the Zoanthids in the tank have looked very good since I got new bulbs for my fixture. I really don't like PC's anymore...I doubt I'll ever buy another PC light. MH's are so much better and all corals seem to prefer the higher quality light they emit. I'm switching this to more of a mushroom tank than anything...they seem to be doing the best. We'll see what happens. Thanks for looking.

That sucks the mushroom died. That is an amazing pic you got of it eating the molly.

Those actinic shots are great everything glows.

Have you tried to pick out the grape caulerpa little by little or is it just growing too fast?

Thanks Elite Twit. Yeah I wish the mushroom was still around. It was really cool. I pick out the grape caulerpa as much as I can, but the roots are so imbedded in the rock that it grows back. I just can't seem to get it all. It's to the point I've considered taking out all the rock and boiling it.

Thanks L. My problems have really been fairly minor compared to what most people go through, including yourself. Nothing can go right all the time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Awesome bud....that tuxedo mushroom in that last picture is stunning. Did you just feed the tank or is just like that when you took the picture?

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just realized that I haven't given any informational updates on this tank in a while. I lost the Trimma tevegae I had for over 2 years.

Trimma6.jpg

They don't usually live that long in captivity, so I'm happy I was able to have him as long as I did. My LFS happened to have Trimma gobies on a stock list from one of their vendors. Small groups of them will sometimes school together, so I had them order 5 for me. Two of them died in shipment, so I went to pick up the other three. When I got there I was surprised to see that all three were different species. One of them was Trimma cana...the one I'd been wanting for years. You can see him in the Favites pic at the top left. The other two almost looked more like Eviota gobies. One of the Eviota's disappeared the first night I had him, so I was left with two. They aren't very easy to photograph, but I'll post some pics soon.

Well here's one of the new fish. It's the on I've been wanting. Trimma cana.

Trimmacana11809.jpg

Ricordea florida

Ricordea11809.jpg

Actinic

Ricordeaactinic11809.jpg

Green Favites

NeonGreenFavites11809.jpg

Actinic

NeonGreenFavitesactinic11809.jpg

Missed you.

Is this tank doing a lil better?

Sorry I never got it together for that Paly trade, life's been very chaotic for me the last year.

Missed you too! The tank has improved, but it could always be better. I'm still dealing with the grape caulerpa...I'll never let that stuff anywhere near my tanks again!! No worries on the trade. Here's what you're missing though...

UnattainablesFrag11609.jpg

• 11 months later...

Archived