Coral Vue Hydros

Help!

BustytheSnowMaam

BustytheSnowMaam

Hi,

I just looked at my royal gramma and thought he forgot to shave- he has all these bristles from a bristleworm sticking into his chin! Should I worry about it or will it eventually resolve on its own?

Oh yipes!!!! :o

Poor guy.

Unfortunately I don't have an answer to that.

Somebody help this poor girl and her hirsute fishy!!!

I think that you should just keep an eye on your gramma and see how it goes. I don't know if there would really be much you could do for it anyways. Sorry :(

Hopefully someone else can help!

BustytheSnowMaam

Well, thought I'd post a pic and let everyone know s/he's fine, in case it happens to anyone else. This morning there are still one or two bristles sticking out, but the fish is eating and seems ok otherwise. Which made me happy. I'd always thought bristleworms were harmless and never thought a fish would get stung. In the pic below you can just barely see the bristles sticking out of his mouth.

IMG_5094.jpg

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

when i first purchased my horses (infants) one of the managed to suck up a bristle worm (1/2 anyway) the other half wrapped itself around the snout.

i broke off a big piece of the worm outside his snout but it was hours before he got the worm free from his mouth. he got stuck pretty good in a few different places.

my horse survived with no ill effects. i think the gramma will be a.o.k.

:)

Archived