BC29 First Water Test

frogguy1

Well my Bio Cube 29 has been setup for 6 days now and I wanted to see what the Water Chem was. Keep in mind the LR from my LFS wont be in untill 6/21 so I know that will change these results, but heres what I have at 6/18/07

Salt 1.023

Calc 540 ppm

KH 214.8 ppm

Phos 0.0/0.25

nitrate 0 ppm

Im bought the API Master Reef Test Kit. What do you guys think? As stated above the LR will change these readings im sure once in on Thursday.

Thanks

Ray

I wouldn't even test your tank anymore for a while. When you add the LR your going to have a cycle that will probably go on for about a month enless your getting cured LR.

bubbles3660
Im bought the API Master Reef Test Kit. What do you guys think? As stated above the LR will change these readings im sure once in on Thursday.

Hi Ray,

The Reef Test kit is a supplement to the regular API saltwater test kit. You will also need to test for ammonia and nitrite. Congrats on your BC29! I'm beginning to wish that I'd bought one rather than a BC14.

--bubbles

yea, also have the nitrite and amo test but left them off. Both will change dramatically once the LR is in.

i've found that the API test kits are very difficult to read -- their color cards just seem "off" somehow.

i've seen test kits for seachem, red sea, and salifert -- and i'd recommend all of them before any API test kit.

I had no problems using it at all. But I frined of mine also suggested red sea after I already bought this one.

Archived