Pod Your Reef

refugium for a 24 gal aquapod setup questions

Railstone

Was thinking of setting up a Fuge for my 24 gal pod. I removed the bioballs from the first chamber after my filter blocks and was wondering if i should set it up in place of the balls in that chamber. Also was wondering if this mod would work for my pod Easy refugium light for nanocube? I know i should add live rock frags to the bottom of it but how much should i use? Also what type of Macro algae should i use? Thanks for any answers to my newb questions.

Was thinking of setting up a Fuge for my 24 gal pod. I removed the bioballs from the first chamber after my filter blocks and was wondering if i should set it up in place of the balls in that chamber. Also was wondering if this mod would work for my pod Easy refugium light for nanocube? I know i should add live rock frags to the bottom of it but how much should i use? Also what type of Macro algae should i use? Thanks for any answers to my newb questions.
Yes, I believe you can do a fuge in the back of an AP24. I did it to my AP12. You can use as much live rock rubble in there as you want....more LR = more biological filtration. The best macro to use in your fuge is chaetomorpha or "chaeto".

Thanks for the reply, did you use a submersible light back in the sump? Or did you cut the vinyl to make an opening to add a light behind the tank?

Archived