speedy1g

!LIGHT!

ive got a problem i dont know what light i should buy.

if anyone could help me plz post ! :lol:

my cousin said that a regular light hood won't do it for a saltwater tank.Is that true?

ive got a problem i dont know what light i should buy.

if anyone could help me plz post ! :lol:

my cousin said that a regular light hood won't do it for a saltwater tank.Is that true?

Kind of like I said in your other post - Your lighting needs will depend on on what your inhabitants are going to be. And no... most likely the florescent lights that came with your tank are not good enough.

Agreed.

We need to know what you want to keep before we can advise you on appropriate lighting.

well for like softies like shrooms and polys and stuff like that, atleast 28 watts, and if your looking at brains, atleast 80 watts +, and for SPS and clams , 150 + watts.

lighting is expensive though.

well for like softies like shrooms and polys and stuff like that, atleast 28 watts, and if your looking at brains, atleast 80 watts +, and for SPS and clams , 150 + watts.

lighting is expensive though.

buy mine ! Metal Halide for sale, look under classifieds

You should always tell what size and type of tank you are asking about and what you wish to keep, otherwise no one can give you any real help on matters of lighting or filtration/water circulation.