inTank Media Baskets

AIRCRAFT CARRIER NANO-REEF!

IJCOBRA

althefishguy

I don't understand heating a nano but if You must something that won't break is probably the best. Like a stealth or something titanium or aluminum. Most all-in-ones produce tons of heat from lighting and pumps. Got an email today about this New tank it is acrylic, and has a built in space for heater, IDK how good the lighting is was trying to find out if any one has ever run one. Maybe You will be the first and the gray will actually match the ship !

This New unit actually has a LCD control panel with timed auto feeder & lights.

http://www.bigappleherp.com/All-In-One-Aquarium-System#

Good Luck with whatever You set up and keep us up to date !!

Where do you guys get the FINNEX tanks? All I can find at www.finnex.net are 20+ gallon open-top tanks.

I need a website where I can check them out, with prices. Web searches aren't turning anything up.

Thanks!

There's one thing I just thought of.

If you ditch something like a piece of rock, or dead animal on the carrier... where does it go?

You don't want to introduce new potentially problematic organisms to new locals.

I thought nanotuners had finnex tanks?

There's one thing I just thought of.

If you ditch something like a piece of rock, or dead animal on the carrier... where does it go?

You don't want to introduce new potentially problematic organisms to new locals.

Deep 6'd I suppose. Don't these things live on reefs? We're out in the middle of the deep blue...

Deep 6'd I suppose. Don't these things live on reefs? We're out in the middle of the deep blue...

Not all of them live in every area. There are some that are very specific to specific parts of the ocean.

If you can i'd bag em and dump them landlubber style when you get off the boat. Just a thought. It would be way to ironic to ruin a reef, with the reefkeeping hobby, but it just happens all too often.

RayWhisperer
They are only $240 shipped on eBay vice $260 unshipped on NT.

I rather doubt you get the kind of customer service and peice of mind you'd get with Chris at nanotuners. Still, your call. :)

I dont' have much to add that others have not mentioned regarding your tank.

But I do want to say THANK YOU!!! For your service and detication to our Country. It can't be said enough... but I will surely try.... THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. You allow us to have the freedom to worry about our little tanks and express our views, as we see fit. For that, I am grateful to you.

Good luck with the tank and keep us informed, would you? I don't suppose you can get some pictures to us (probably restricted eh?)...

--Brad

must be nice having the space to consider having a saltwater tank on board.

don't mind me..i'm just a hater...hahaha..

<-ex-submariner (fast attack type)

the crew thought about getting a 10g for the mess, but it just wouldn't do with all the angles we take....it'd have to be half full and water tight as to not cause a slip hazard if it spilled over.

It would've cooked in the engine room as well.

anyways, good luck with the set up! definitely post some pictures when you get a chance....

and you can't get better RO/DI water than reactor plant grade! :D

must be nice having the space to consider having a saltwater tank on board.

don't mind me..i'm just a hater...hahaha..

<-ex-submariner (fast attack type)

the crew thought about getting a 10g for the mess, but it just wouldn't do with all the angles we take....it'd have to be half full and water tight as to not cause a slip hazard if it spilled over.

It would've cooked in the engine room as well.

anyways, good luck with the set up! definitely post some pictures when you get a chance....

and you can't get better RO/DI water than reactor plant grade! :D

Well that's one of the benefits of being on a carrier... lots of space. I used to work in CS-7 where we had ungodly amounts of room. Now I'm in CS-4 so not too much. But it will look nice on my desk.

Think I'll set it on some black foam padding to help absorb vibrations.

Definately gonna use reef glue to hold the liverock together. Hope the corals & stuff get used to the jarring of the catapults!

Yeah, the RO/DI water from the plant is the plan. Easy!

I'll probably buy the tank in October, and keep it at home until deployment, which should be sometime next summer.

I'll update when things start happening.

How much life can this tank support?

I'd like a Watchman Goby and a small clown with a coral he likes. A pistol shrimp for the Watchman, and maybe another shrimp. Blue & red hermit crabs, blue starfish, orange snail, leafy naudibranch, featherduster worm, and then corals and maybe macroalgae.

What do you think?

I think the blue linckia might have to sit this one out.

Unfortunately they starve pretty quick in small tanks, and need a lot of sandbed.

I think the blue linckia might have to sit this one out.

Unfortunately they starve pretty quick in small tanks, and need a lot of sandbed.

Any other stars that would work?

Well that's one of the benefits of being on a carrier... lots of space. I used to work in CS-7 where we had ungodly amounts of room. Now I'm in CS-4 so not too much. But it will look nice on my desk.

Think I'll set it on some black foam padding to help absorb vibrations.

Definately gonna use reef glue to hold the liverock together. Hope the corals & stuff get used to the jarring of the catapults!

Yeah, the RO/DI water from the plant is the plan. Easy!

I'll probably buy the tank in October, and keep it at home until deployment, which should be sometime next summer.

I'll update when things start happening.

How much life can this tank support?

I'd like a Watchman Goby and a small clown with a coral he likes. A pistol shrimp for the Watchman, and maybe another shrimp. Blue & red hermit crabs, blue starfish, orange snail, leafy naudibranch, featherduster worm, and then corals and maybe macroalgae.

What do you think?

you'll have to forget the nudi as well. Correct me if I'm wrong anyone, but as far as I know, they all only eat sponges...and they'll starve. I've seen some 10g's overflowing with life, and other's with the bare min. 2 clowns and a nem. I guess that'll really depend on the amount of maintenance you're willing to do.

If you're planning on getting an all-in-one with no sump or fuge, you might want to just keep it to a couple of softies and 2-3 small fish max with your basic clean up crew.

They are only $240 shipped on eBay vice $260 unshipped on NT.

If it leaks, the guy on ebay will be long gone......

Just a thought......you probably see a lot of weed lines out there at sea. Maybe you could pick some of that up and put it in your fuge if you are going to have one. You might want some amazing light for that though. Also those weed lines host a lot of organisms, even crabs and little file fish.

Its just an idea.

Archived