Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

10g nano + 4g refugium

danano

Hey danano,

I must say I really like the fact that you don't seem to be caught up with all the hype of more flow the better or more light the better. You just do your own thing it seems and your reefs turn out great!

Saying that, I think I'll take your advice on leaving the flow situation in my tank the way it is instead of springing for more flow from a seio or something else like that.

Thanks.

I gotta feeling a lot of these arguments about how much is enough is based on a bit by people's egos and the feeling that the more anything the better, even though it may have nothing to do with reality.

air_doc, where sps are concerned, there is some truth to statements made about flow. Try to eliminate dead spots. With a 10g, it shouldn't be a problem.

I would say the bigger challenge with keeping sps in nano is maintaining stable water parameters. The more stable the better.;)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

danano, i saw your setup a long time ago, but i can't remember exactly what it looked like. I was wondering if you could repost the pics. I'm considering doing something similar with my 10g.

Thanks in advance

• 13 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi and thanks Chris. It's great to be back! Happy to see the nano-reef community still thriving 🙂

I've shared my tank and post updates on Instagram, and will try my best to keep it current.

My year old 50G is already grown out and packed to the brim. It's time for another upgrade.