Innovative Marine Aquariums

Echino and Chalice thread....

MarvinsReef

strangelove
nice, how much did you get them for if you don't mind me asking

These were kind of pricey, $40 for each, but I got a blasto free. I wanted to get some colorful ones, but I think from now on I'm going to look for the ugly ducklings now that I know they will color up.

Here's one on my ugly ducklings which has turned out to be one of my favorites. It started out as a small "frag" which was a very drab brownish green color. It has gained a lot more white since this picture was taken a few months ago, and the green is much brighter in person.

Green-Chalice.jpg

Nice surfy, how old id your tank and what type of light do you have your echino under? Amazing how they change color.

er1c_the_reefer

$40 isn't that bad... but i guess it depends on how big.

consider: tyree LE watermelon echino... about the size of a pencil eraser can sell for $150 or more if you get it from the originator.

strangelove
$40 isn't that bad... but i guess it depends on how big.

consider: tyree LE watermelon echino... about the size of a pencil eraser can sell for $150 or more if you get it from the originator.

Yep the reefarmers site has some crazy prices. I found these at atlantisaquarium from the link on this site. I had no idea they were in my area since their shop is hidden in this industrial area. I was expecting to pay $80 each for these corals, that they had listed on their site. But they have a huge frag selection where I found the three that I got. Tiny frags, but I prefer it so I can have more variety.

They have a huge piece they call "The Masterpiece ATL Chalice" which I'm debating on getting. This has to be the most amazing coral I've seen so far, even in person under VHO lighting this coral is awesome.

DSC07380.JPG

Nice surfy, how old id your tank and what type of light do you have your echino under? Amazing how they change color.

Thanks! As of right now, it is under a single 250w DE 14k Phoenix. The tank was re-established about 5 months ago, but, I had this coral before I tore down all of my tanks a couple years ago. A buddy of mine held onto a few of my corals during my hiatus.

strangelove
glad to see this thread getting more replies... :)

here's one I can't wait to color up a little more...

07-28-07_WaterMelonA.jpg

07-30-07_WaterMCL.jpg

Wow that's a nice one, do you think it will turn purple of turn more red? How long do you think it will take for that the change color?

Archived