Pod Your Reef

College Reefers!

jmitchell

Hey All!

Im a college reefer and I have no money! Lol, so anyone else who is in the same boat, lets get a thread going for making those nanos as awesome as possible, while being frugal! I don't know about everyone here, but reefing has been an inredible experience for me (2 months into the hobby) and I know everyone is proud of their tanks, big or small! Lets get the community of poor reefers together! I know theres people out there who love to exchange frags, advice, and great stories! HOORAY TO EVERYONE WHO BUYS CORAL BY THE PAYCHECK!!!!!!!! lol, so anyone who has frags, stories, advice, or anything else to say about being a college reefer, heres your thread!!!!

-LJ:D

englishreefer

im a college reefer from england. Im very poor. My fish are spoilt, next they will be wanting to go to private school.

Hahah, nice, yea, my fish and coral is healthy, but very lonely! but welcome all to the college reefers!

-LJ :D

I was a college reefer. Now im a funemployed reefer.

I am 100% sure being funemployed is even better than being a college reefer!

Tell me about it, Im at like 22,000... and that doesnt inclue them getting you with books, and all that other jazz, its becoming theft!

ahh... I've found my people. If you want my advise.... just have a child. Financial aid will give you 10 times more money. On the other hand.... my expenses increased 20 times. crap. horrible idea!

circusordie16

another college reefer, i want better lights but i think im too cheap to pay for the electricity next year haha.

LSUE-MS.jpg

Go Bengals!

I'm setting up a smaller tank, MiniBow7, because college is starting to takes it's toll on me, and it will be for the next 7 years or so...:( lol, at least I'll come out of there with a nice starting Salary :D

I'ma college reefer (lol) too. WOOT WOOT!!! yeah, as it looks now, i'm probably gonna have a fish only due to the expense and risk of keeping corals and not being there for the whole time. I've got a cubemaster 12g with a sunpod 70W...

bucknellreefer

Yay for going to school in an area with no LFS within 45 minutes...

I just upgraded my 10g dorm tank to a 20H and here she is:

firstfts.jpg

community college reefer. maybe that's why i'm not completely broke :D

same boat right here. not soo broke but still this hobby is a crazy money hole... but worth it :D

in as well. 20 gallon, 10 gallon, 5.5 gallon, 5 gallon....for some reason I keep thinking the smaller I go the less money. Damn nano addiction.

haha, i started scheduling my classes in the mornings so i could get a day job at the lfs and get a 20% employee discount so i didnt go as broke. go gators.

Another college reefer here. Undergrad is about 20k here but i'm looking at law school and that starts at about 35k a year... o joy.

haha funny how we find time to clean and maintain everything along with classes and work and other activities that you participate in while attending such a fine institution :happy:

yea im gonna be a jr next year and finally got a house off campus so theres gonna be an upgrade from the 2.5g with 18w pc lighting

Archived