Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Anyone have a True perc with a firefish?

Darklyte24

BC 14, and was thinking about a firefish, they are pretty hardy from what i hear and and are fairly cheap , 15$ -20$ or so?.. will they get along? i know true percs are said to be mildly agressive will they be ok?

BC 14, and was thinking about a firefish, they are pretty hardy from what i hear and and are fairly cheap , 15$ -20$ or so?.. will they get along? i know true percs are said to be mildly agressive will they be ok?

Armed with the weapons in your picture, i think your firefish can hold his own against any clown

I have a false perc, a panama cardinal, and a blenny. I have also been thinking of a firefish, they are so cool looking!!! Let me know how it goes if you get one, and what size clip you decide to arm him with.

I have false percs and a fire fish -

The only downer on the fire fish is that it is really shy. Hides the majority of the time and when it does come out it doesn't wander far from his spot.

My understanding is that fire fish are much bolder and active when in pairs.

Ive heard that the purple firefish are a lot less shy than the normal ones. I have one alone in my 12g and hes extremely friendly, very active, always in the front of the tank. He hides when i clean the inside walls of the tank, but hes back the second my hand comes out. I work with the regular firefish at my job and they are a lot more skiddish. IMHO, a purple firefish would be fine with a true perc. Theyre more expensive (I paid 33 for mine, ive seen as low as 25) but the colors and personality are work the extra bucks!

-LJ :D

Ive heard that the purple firefish are a lot less shy than the normal ones. I have one alone in my 12g and hes extremely friendly, very active, always in the front of the tank. He hides when i clean the inside walls of the tank, but hes back the second my hand comes out. I work with the regular firefish at my job and they are a lot more skiddish. IMHO, a purple firefish would be fine with a true perc. Theyre more expensive (I paid 33 for mine, ive seen as low as 25) but the colors and personality are work the extra bucks!

-LJ :D

my purple firefish was actually really different from yours. it would always hide and barely come out when i feed the tank. it would just hide all day in the back. the issue maybe that i have bigger maroon clown, but it doesnt chase it around. and then it suddenly passed away. maybe if the firefish is alone in the tank with not so big of a tankmate that they will be friendly and active.

Archived