Bio Cube 14 Troubles

Keelklan

I had a transformer on one of my lights go out this weekend and I had been having troubles with my stock pump just stop working for whatever reason, So I emailed Ron Moneyhan at Oceanic and he responed within 24 hours and said new parts are on there way!

This is why I bought a Bio Cube because of Oceanics Service!

Thank you

Rob Moneyhan

I've had my bc 14 for a month and so far a fan and a ballast has gone out!

It was replaced though no questions asked.

Oceanic 30g

I think the biocubes have some design flaws that will begin tio surface over the next 6-12 months. I had a lot of issues with my biocube 14.

Make sure you keep an eye on the sealant that holds the filter chamber in place.

I think the biocubes have some design flaws that will begin tio surface over the next 6-12 months. I had a lot of issues with my biocube 14.

Make sure you keep an eye on the sealant that holds the filter chamber in place.

NICE!

• 1 month later...
Dragline322

Ive had my BC 14 running for a couple of days, issies with the fans being noisy. I asked my LFS guy, who has a BC 8 on display and he said their fan made noise for the first day and a few hours into the second then quieted down. I searched the issue here on the forums, and saw many negative posts about Oceanic, and BioCube, saying that they were unhelpful. I called customer service today told them about the fans making noise, and he said I could either take it apart and mess with the ones i had to see if i could fix the problem, or he could send me new fans in which case I would have to take it apart anyway to install the new fans. then asked for my name and address and said new fans should be here within a couple of weeks. I thought service was great, no questions really, no run around. just said hed get me new fans and gave advice on the old fans for the mean time.

I did the same thing. The fans are super easy to install. If possible ask them for 2, that way if it goes out again you have the spare at the ready.

Archived