inTank Media Baskets

hitchiker coral id, Ok Now its getting weird. BIG UPDATE READ MY LAST POST!

SCUBA BUZZ

Hey folks so i got this piece of coral for free (its a dying pagoda coral which i probably wont end up saving) i noticed something on the under body of it. I have had this in my tank for 2 months now and its growing real slowly. I have no idea what it could be

Its about the size of my blastomussa welsi an d im wondering if that is what it is

also i have checked and it definately is a stony coral of some sort.

post-15655-1181868244_thumb.jpg

post-15655-1181868256_thumb.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just a guess but hairy mushrooms? It is cool!

100% sure its stoney and its growing

im hoping rare and propagatable lol thanks i think its damn cool 2 and the pics di it no justice

on a side note it was very shaded under the other corals skeleton since i have moved it under much more intense light (4 inches down under 250 hqi) it has opened up alot more

there are 3 heads allready each about the size of a small merletti its very odd because its tenticles are not like merletti or welsi at all

well that is friggin awsome they are very small and seam to have started head #4 if i can have a colony of plates real cool :D

well that is friggin awsome they are very small and seam to have started head #4 if i can have a colony of plates real cool :D

I couldn't agree more! That would be exceptionally cool.

(But it's pretty cool, whatever it is.)

Keep us posted!

hey thanks alot... they have a real cool colour to them like a green and almost burgendy stripe they real funny thing is i talked the lfs owner and he talked to his supplier neither of them has had a fungiid like it at all they saw the colours and said they have no idea where it came from. i can see i have some reading ahead they seam real happy and are growing well right now im just worried about when they drop off the rock what they will do i am going to make them their own frag basket with a bit of sand under egg crate so they will fall there i think

def got the starts of a fungia colony.

I hope so I think every reefer has about the same predictable life cycle

1) I want a clown and an anemone

2) I think I might need more light

3) Ok I cant have an anemone in a 10 gallon I guess ill get corals

4) I think i need more light

5) fish are kinda boring

6) I think i need more light

7) oooohhhhh I think i want a clam

8) I need to upgrade my tank

9) well i might as well use my old light i better have 2 tanks

10) I wonder if anyone else would buy this coral

11) they will buy this coral

12) ok i know i have 2 tanks but if i set-up a prop tank it wont cost me $$$ it will make me $$$

13) ok well it wont make money but i can break even

14) ok i cant break even but its fun

15) I have accepted that I have a reef addiciton and i need help... wheres the 12 step program

LOL

so c est ma how is your little fungiid doing these days is it still growing well?

Well, I guess this can't be a hijack if you started it! :)

My recently uncovered plate-generating spot is still growing a new "baby." (You read far enough in my old thread to know that the one that detached last year was killed by my crab, right?) I tried to get some pics tonight, but wasn't very successful. I didn't want to reach in & move the rock, so I was trying to get a pic of something very tiny several inches into the tank, through a gorgonian, etc.

Here's what I mean--the baby plate is right in the center, facing right:

dscn2243largebo6.jpg

I just couldn't get the camera to focus well in telephoto (next photo), but you can make out the tentacles. The pinkish/purplish spot in the middle is its mouth. (I need to get rid of that algae! Just don't like messing around so close to the plate.):

dscn2205largeea9.jpg

Every once in a while it completely recedes and looks very skeletal to me. I don't understand how fungids do this!:

dscn2137cropped2largeuy5.jpg

Sorry ya asked? :D Think I'll go add these to one of my coral forum threads on this guy...

--Diane

Archived