Pod Your Reef

Cauliflower coral

jhong567

It was going great for the couple months and then recently it began to never opening up at all, and just stays all scrunch up. Should i toss it at this point or leave it in the tank. is there a way to save it? Cause if not i want to put another coral in its place.

chrisdamage
Can you post a picture of it?

give it some time man... you would be surprised at how some corals can bounce back... my xenia's got some Joe's Juice on them and shriveled up and stayed that way for 2 weeks and now they are in full recovery... just give it some more time

i would try to save it. if it dies, why would you get another coral to replace it? how about figuring out what the problem is with the cauliflower (ie trying to save it)?

i would try to save it. if it dies, why would you get another coral to replace it? how about figuring out what the problem is with the cauliflower (ie trying to save it)?

ill try to post a pic of it later but right now it just looks like " a wad of bubble gum" usually it looks like this in the day time and opens up and night, but now it is like this 24/7. ALso i have read many threads on this type of coral and have heard of few success stories.

Right now the coral is hanging upside down at the bottom of the tank under the mh 150w. it is upside down so it has an opportunity to get some shade if it wants.

Great news, my cauliflower bounced back to normal. The only thing i did different since my cauliflower started looking bad was drip kalk. Dunno if that had anything to do with it recovering, but mother nature is amazing sometimes.

Archived