Innovative Marine Aquariums

StuGotz's Nano

StuGotz

I'm in the middle of starting a nano tank right now.  I got my 7.5 desktop tank made by Chris (Ya Know.. the webmaster of this site!).  Looks great!  Totally EMPTY, but still :)  I ordered Rock from GARF, one of there arches and some Tonga, about 12-13 lbs Total.  The tracking info says it should be here by tomorrow.  If you wanna see it's progress, I have a cam on it just about all the time.  The lights will be on from 9 am - 9 pm Central time.  Lemme know what ya think, as it comes along...

http://another.nano-reef.com

Thanks guys... All looks good so far.. My Ammonia is up to 2 ppm, hopefully all downhill from here.  My pH is a little off at 8.6.  I don't want to do a water change cause it'll mess my cycle... so i added just lil nasty acid in there... OH NO.. My tank is gonna be trippin balls now!

LOL, acid..........

Garf is an extremely good choice. How do you find the arch? It may look unrealistic with no "wildlife" on it, but I can assure you it will look amazing once it is inhabited!!!!! If only garf was available in Australia.............

(Edited by rhinoivory at 8:02 pm on July 27, 2001)

I was just lookin around on the net for corals and what not... found the garf site and saw that they had an "arch kit"  The kit was 98 bux.  You get the arch, you specify the size, and 5 corals.  So he sent me the arch and two tonga pieces.  My tank just finished cycling so i'll be ordering my corals today or tomorrow.

• 4 weeks later...

Garf is The Geothermal Aquaculture Research Foundation.  Their website (GASP) can be found at

http://www.garf.org

Their Rock is made with crushed coral, Rock & Cement.  After about a month, mine is covered with pre-coralline algae.  I have to scrape my glass everyday it's growing so fast.  The only thing I can account for it is the pound of "grunge" that came with the Rock Kit I bought from them.  It was definitely the most cost effective route to go.  All my rock, 5 Plugs (2 Huge Purple Gorgonians, Zooanthids, Red sea Xenia, green star polyps, Sarcophyton, 2 Capnellas, Sinularia & some type of brown star polyp) & Reef Glue Came in the kit for 100 bux plus shipping.  They didn't even charge me for my Clean-up crew either.  I got 6 crabs and 6 Snails all mixed that do an amazing job.  Just be forewarned, other than the purple gorgs they sent me, the frags are REALLY small :(

Archived