Korova

Korova's NANO

Korova

I’m currently planning a NANO-Reef, which will be housed in a 10 gallon AGA aquarium.  I’ve decided to build a small desktop stand and canopy for the tank to maintain a “clean” appearance. The stand and canopy will be painted with a dark colored flex-stone paint to match with the black background of the aquarium. Lighting shall consist of two 36-watt Power Compact bulbs powered by two separate ballasts. After talking to Chris and other members I’ve decided to try the “No skimmer” method so I’m looking for a HOB filter large enough to house a heater and other chemical media only, probably a Aquaclear 200 or 300. Water circulation will come from the return of the HOB filter and a MINI-JET powerhead plumbed to a spraybar. Livestock will be planned out after cycling.  Any advice and/or ideas are greatly appreciated.

(Edited by Korova at 5:05 am on Aug. 4, 2001)

Korova

I'll take pictures of the project as it progresses step-by-step.

Christopher Marks

It all sounds like a great nano to me!  Post some photos for us all to see.

medik13

Go with the aqua clear 300. It will the perfect size for a 10. Everything else sounds great. Good luck

Korova

*UPDATE* I'm working on getting pictures online real soon, sorry for the long wait...