Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Happy Graduation- BioCube 14

BJK2

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

half of my canopy cashed out tonight... LAME gotta call oceaic tomorrow about that. I ended up switching the bulbs so I can still have my 10K on till I get the new canopy.

koralia 4 a great pump

thats a large sig pic there sir tagle

lol at first i was like, is that billy's tank only to realize the dashed line

wheres the pics

I called Oceanic. They are mailing me a new ballast, probably what is wrong with yours too. Call them and tell them what happened, don't say your modded, and say you just bought it. Can't wait for sharky's tonight.

Sir Taggle: nano-reefing has a set schedule of maintenece on sunday afternoon no more, no less! ladies / school come first forsure

spent some dough at sharky's today. I picked up some zoa frags, palm tree coral, frogspawn, and a pipefish. I am thinking the pipefish has a 50% chance of survival, looks alright but is pretty shy and not the best swimmer.

BJK2 - awesome tank. I am getting a pre-established 14 BioCube in a few days and had a question if you dont mind. You said you switched out the stock pump with a MaxiJet1200, do you think if adding a Koralia 1 to the display would be too much flow or even necessary for softies? The reason I ask is because the tank I am getting has a MJ1200 that replaced the pump and I was looking to get Koralia 1 for a more alternative flow. If the Koralia in your opinion is too much do you think capping the MJ1200 with a HydorFlo rotating deflector would provide good flow?

Thanks a lot man. Good luck with the tank, ill be watching the posts

Bryan

Ooooh! The whole looks great, you've got some very nice zoas and other cnidarians, and that fish is just awesome!

--Diane

thanks Diane, Bryan, and Jason!

jason, the zoas are at the top and are startin to grow, I am pretty sure I took a picture of themm. r u talking about the ones that remind me of sunsets? hahah

LUCKY. You live close enough to get a $12 bottle of pods every week :/

Hmmmm, you should mail me a bottle when you go to get one

LUCKY. You live close enough to get a $12 bottle of pods every week :/

Hmmmm, you should mail me a bottle when you go to get one

where can I get $12 pods? i need some!!

Pipefish:

nano7-22update019.jpg

Sunset Zoas bigbyrd has dibs on a frag of these babies:

nano7-22update004.jpg

Picture doesn't do it justice at all!

LostinWater

Tank looks great. I hope to have mine looking close to that after a while. I have a BC 29, still getting things in place for it but it's up and running.

Your coral looks great. Kind of a small (slightly dumb) question. The frags you have there, the bases that they are on, so you just leave them there on those bases and grow or do you try and remove them after they start to really grow?

Anyways, keep it up, looks awesome.

....sharky's....

They have a guy that cultures them. They get them almost weekly! Get me a bottle and mail it...I'll paypal you :)

Thanks lostinwater!! that is awsome! basically this tank is flourishing on its own, and yah the frags are ultra small and will grow. i am going to remove them from the square bases soon. bigbyrd didn't take his off yet so i'mjust holdin out till he thinks it's safe. I need some more rubble to glue them on as well. (I use normal superglue, as it hardens underwater.)

mdeth: it took 45 min to get there hahaha,im close to DLC though

Cloudy FTS after 4.5 gallon Water Change:

oceandriftwood005.jpg

String fishing animal:

oceandriftwood006.jpg

And my real question: Is it safe to add old sea plants to my tank? I found them in florida covered in coraline washed up on shore. I have seen similar branches in seahorse tanks and was curious about adding a small branch to my tank just for kicks.. I think if it came from the ocean it should be safe? driftwood isn't bad in freshwater so what do you all think?

oceandriftwood001.jpg

oceandriftwood002.jpg

oceandriftwood003.jpg

oceandriftwood004.jpg

im sure it'd be fine besides the fact that its not alive....just get yourself a sea fan or something...sharkys usually gets em in..like nice bright orange or purple

I think it was grandegixxer who is like 5 min away from them? I just called Tropiquatics and they sell bottles of copepods for $20.99 with thousands in them. I am going to buy a bottle tomorrow or the next day and see how that goes. I am thinking about setting up my 2.5 gallon as a pod breeding area with some cheato, airstone, lr, and old water from my w/c...

im off to build something out of bioballs.. they are like round legos.. nuts!

nvm not as solid as legos keep rolling away and breaking. lame

Thanks lostinwater!! that is awsome! basically this tank is flourishing on its own, and yah the frags are ultra small and will grow. i am going to remove them from the square bases soon. bigbyrd didn't take his off yet so i'mjust holdin out till he thinks it's safe. I need some more rubble to glue them on as well. (I use normal superglue, as it hardens underwater.)

mdeth: it took 45 min to get there hahaha,im close to DLC though

im just lazy or theyd be off already...i cant stand em...but if you take a razor and barely slide it on the bottom it'll come right off...then just re-glue it on some rubble...im gonna do all mine thursday and mount all my montis and zoas and get rid of most of the egg crate

Archived