MDeths BC 14

MDeth

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HAHA, you'll have to wait til saturday...my g/f has her camera :(

I might get something at the LFS today though :P

....shrimp annoy me......

I was doing a WC and checking out my 'fuge' and cheato...when I saw what I thought was one of my sexy shrimp in the false wall....

My pistol shrimp has been back there for god knows how long now....that would explain why I haven't seen him or new decorating recently....

Update on my g/fs tank....here her pistol and 'Randall' in the front of the tank smile.gif

picture008jw9.jpg

I'll edit this post over HOPEFULLY tomorrow, if I'm not too lazy to clean the glass and take pics. While in OH, I got some small zoo frags and a nice 7-head turquoise candy-cane/trumpet.

And while I was gone my trach. brain killed my elegance...somehow it got moved....D@MN NASSARIUS SNAILS!

And my target mandarin takes down LARGE mysis shrimp as well as smaller pieces. I looked over after I fed my LPS to see her take a piece about -|-|-|-|- long and wide!

BTW, does anybody know if the 'spike rule' for sexing applies to the targets as well? 'she' has part of a flair on her dorsal, but it is only about 1/16" of an inch or so - MUCH smaller than the flair of the mandarin in oregon's avatar - i'll get a pic soon.

The clam's are doing nicely! My one maxima 3" got moved to my g/fs tank because she wanted it :)

My gigas and my baby maxima (1") are doing great! I'll try to take my best macro (maybe with a magnifying glass :P) of the shell growth, and use paint to draw lines etc

dude your tank looks insane!

Where did you get that gnarly plastic flow deal that goes on your pump output

That would be a loc-line dealie. Check out anybody that has loc-line. It's $ though...I think I paid 40 for a 20 link set.

The BC doesn't use the same diamater as loc line though, so you'll have to take a dremel to the BC fitting against the wall and then glue it (if you screw up). Mine was water-tight w/o gluing but I did anyway.

6 shots of my mandarin :P

mandarin1.jpg

mandarin2.jpg

mandarin3.jpg

mandarin4.jpg

mandarin5.jpg

mandarin6.jpg

Candycane I picked up in OH this weekend :)

candycane.jpg

My blastos

blasto.jpg

blastomerletti.jpg

My clams and back ledge

clamsbackledge.jpg

Ric

ric2.jpg

Zoos

zoos.jpg

I just got my first set of disks and plugs! Also got 18" and 10" tweezers and scalpels :)

I'm in the big time now :/

Looks amazing!!! I think I am ordering some random softies soon for my tank.

oh and I love the mandarin!! she? looks freaking beautiful

I believe its a she. Her dorsal spine looks TINY and doesn't really stick up...if anything its facing forward :P

Thanks for the compliments. She seems to still be plumper than when I got her :)

She's gonna love me when I got some more tigger pods :P

alright you said earlier you were at route 66, you mean the racetrack.. dont tell me ur into cars too.. that'd be way to creepy haha

A little. I'm not hardcore stay at the races all day, but I have an 80 El Camino I restored w/ my stepdad and I drive an Acura Integra (it needs a turbo :) 5sp

I had a 2001 tiburon 5sp....that thing was quick as hell...until my tire popped and i hit a tree :(

i've got a 91 5.0 mustang, hit a tree also but got it fixed and roadraced it at roadamerica last weekend. pretty cool stuff, tegs r nice, the camino i bet is fast!

Oh yeah...it's 'fast' alright...a whole 231HP! Originally a 229cu V6 w/ a cam that self-destructed causing no pressure in two cylinders :(

Now it's back together again and has full compression. I'll let you know after I drive it now :P

Did you know that chevys of that vintage have cams that start to disentigrate at 70K milage?

I had no idea that their cams disintergrate,, sounds like modern gm's parts that are engineered to fail after the warentee expires.. maybe this is just my theory....?

helll yahh an srt-4 joins the thread! hahah so not to sound like a dick but do you have terrible wheelhop?? I've heard that is the worst part about fast fwd

I get no wheel-hop with my teg :)

Anywho, Heres my light mod (and I added pics on photobucket too :P)

light.jpg

Specs

light-info.jpg

I used this 40W transformer which is intended for multiple lights and added a submersible light to the trans. Fun wire splicing, but oh well :P

Hmm....I COULD add two more lights :) I think overboard may be fun if I get a chiller

Submersed light

fuge2light2.jpg

fuge2light.jpg

The hood (kinda dark but you get it :))

hood.jpg

And of course...a crappy FTS FTW :o

BJK2 I used to get crazy wheel hop, but I replaced my motor mounts. I replaced my motor mounts with full race motor mounts, no wheel hop at all just stick and go.

BJK2 I used to get crazy wheel hop, but I replaced my motor mounts. I replaced my motor mounts with full race motor mounts, no wheel hop at all just stick and go.

stick and go! thats awsome, i bet it flys now, motor mounts rn't pricey either, sounds like a good mod

Archived