Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

4.0 Mini Reef

Bluezone

My tank is a 4 Gal from All glass with 2 /13 WATT bright kit from AHsupply.com, a rio50 power head for circulation,..filtering the system  I have a mini penguin biowheel filter, about one and half inches of live sand, and 6.5lbs of Live Figi Rock. Living in the tank there’s a heroquin shrimp, 2 true perculas, some zenia polyps, a small fiddler crab and a pom pom tree.  I have the whole system on a timer with 14 hours of daylight and 10 hours of night time…Maintenance is simply half a gallon water change weekly, some enzyme biocycle weekly (half a cap), inverterbrate formula twice a week (3 drops), and feed the fish ever other day (small amounts)…also I change the mini penguin biowheel filter monthly..

I heard that heat is a problem for mini reefs can someone tell me if i should do something about mine?....or if it's a problem at all, my tank has a thermometer that constantly reads 83-85 degrees is this ok? Thanks. (Let me know if you want pics)

In My personal opinion 84 is the absolute highest that the temperature should be.  If all of your inhabitants are thriving than I would not worry about it though.

if the heat comes from the lights, you could always install a little fan, but then of course evaporation would be a problem.

Archived