Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Sapphire Aquatics BC29R

Sapphire Aquatics

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem I have is that I ordered a bc29r the other day and now I can't get ahold of anybody there. The money was taken out of my account so I better be getting the skimmer in a few days. I have tried emailing kyle and their support email and nothing.

The problem I have is that I ordered a bc29r the other day and now I can't get ahold of anybody there. The money was taken out of my account so I better be getting the skimmer in a few days. I have tried emailing kyle and their support email and nothing.
Something fairly bad must have happened to Kyle and Sapphire. Nanotuners/Nanocustoms is not releasing much info, but I am sure they know the low down given their previous statements about Sapphire. It seems that Sapphire and Kyle dropped off the radar . . . leaves one to wonder legal trouble, women trouble, medical trouble, financial trouble, substance abuse, or a combination of the above?I hope he is doing ok, or recovers from whatever is going on, but I feel we have heard the last from this bloke.If you ordered something, and can not get any info from Sapphire, and nothing is coming in the mail, I would call your bank or credit card company. Credit cards are pretty good about dealing with goods never shipped. Especially when the amount of money is relatively small, less than a few hundred dollars.As for now, if Sapphire is on the out, but still charging folks, we should spread the word on the internet not to order from them until something changes.Glad I got my BC29R while I had the chance, and I guess I will stop holding my breath for the new impeller mod.: (This is not meant to say anything bad about nanocustoms, just that reading between the lines, it sounds bad for Kyle.And bad if you placed an order from their web site.Nanocustoms should save the day be starting to produce their own line of skimmers.)

Well, since I am unable to get this skimmer does anybody have any suggestions on one that will fit into the back of my bc29. I have took out the bioballs in anticipation of this skimmere getting here. should I go today and get some LR to put in back in the mean time. This really pisses me off to have to deal with this.

Something fairly bad must have happened to Kyle and Sapphire. Nanotuners/Nanocustoms is not releasing much info, but I am sure they know the low down given their previous statements about Sapphire. It seems that Sapphire and Kyle dropped off the radar . . . leaves one to wonder legal trouble, women trouble, medical trouble, financial trouble, substance abuse, or a combination of the above?I hope he is doing ok, or recovers from whatever is going on, but I feel we have heard the last from this bloke.If you ordered something, and can not get any info from Sapphire, and nothing is coming in the mail, I would call your bank or credit card company. Credit cards are pretty good about dealing with goods never shipped. Especially when the amount of money is relatively small, less than a few hundred dollars.As for now, if Sapphire is on the out, but still charging folks, we should spread the word on the internet not to order from them until something changes.Glad I got my BC29R while I had the chance, and I guess I will stop holding my breath for the new impeller mod.: (This is not meant to say anything bad about nanocustoms, just that reading between the lines, it sounds bad for Kyle.And bad if you placed an order from their web site.Nanocustoms should save the day be starting to produce their own line of skimmers.)

I agree! I have dealt with Kyle many times before and he even built me a prototype fuge for my 14g BC which has been working great. Kyle is a stand up guy and extremely knowlageble in the reefing hobby. I hope that it is nothing serious and what ever it is that we hear from him soon.

I wish all the best to Kyle and his family.

As for what will fit into your tank I would say to give the Tunze Nano skimmer a try.

Sapphire Aquatics

Aright, there seems to be a lot of speculation going on so I am going to set it straight for you all. I have been dealing with a seperation and divorce in the past few weeks. This has really taken a toll on me and I have decided to terminate the business. For those of you that have placed an order through the store I apologize for not shutting it down sooner, your money will be refunded, there are only two of you, and if you do not read this I will be contacting you directly. My computer power supply fried while I was moving to a new residence so I am unable to check email or respond to it. I am sorry to be moving on, but my wife has taken my home, my passion, and my desire to continue on with Sapphire Aquatics.

Sincerely,

Kyle

Kyle - I wish you the best. Perhaps in time, you will decide to come back to it.

tex5620 - You can get a Tunze 9002. You have to notch out a bit of plastic, but it fits in the back just fine.

Thats one for the tunze. What does everybody else think. Tunze Nano or CPR Aquatics skimmer.

KYle sorry about the hardships. Give her hell. Hopefully u will come back to us. Best of Luck.

Hang in there Kyle, this too shall pass. You will be better one day for all of this.

...Time wounds all heals. :P

Thank you both. This is by far the most difficult thing I have ever been through.
DogfoodEnforcer

good luck in the coming months kyle. we all know you are a stand up guy and wouldnt leave ppl hanging.

Thanks again for my fuge/skimmer. it rocks!!!

Kyle, I wish you the very best and I hope things turn around for you. I also hope you re-gain your passion to resume making this fine skimmer. I was one of the "pioneers" on your original skimmer, and now I have the re-circulating one and it is working Great! I always talked up your skimmer to others when I had the chance.

Good Luck to You!

So what your sayng is that the ex is trying to get her money-grubbing hands on the business? I would do the same thing man, SHUT ER DOWN. I'm sorry to hear this though, seriously. Divorces suck and so does the fallout from them. Hopefully, one day, you will make the protein skimmers and fuges again because they were quality. Best wishes.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to hear the bad news...... as for the BC29R....

its been a great skimmer for the 3-4 months we've had ours......... i've rescently started playing around with it see if i can get it to skim even better.....

it came with the MJ900.....i threw a 1200 blade in it and it seems to work just as good if not better.

im wondering if anyone has tryed to use a thread wheel (mesh) w/this skimmer yet ?

i think if you shaved the blades to about half their thickness you'd be able to fit the 3-4 layers of mesh and zip ties in the housing.

• 2 months later...
Aright, there seems to be a lot of speculation going on so I am going to set it straight for you all. I have been dealing with a seperation and divorce in the past few weeks. This has really taken a toll on me and I have decided to terminate the business. For those of you that have placed an order through the store I apologize for not shutting it down sooner, your money will be refunded, there are only two of you, and if you do not read this I will be contacting you directly. My computer power supply fried while I was moving to a new residence so I am unable to check email or respond to it. I am sorry to be moving on, but my wife has taken my home, my passion, and my desire to continue on with Sapphire Aquatics.

Sincerely,

Kyle

I have been through this myself and can honestly say I totally understand what you are going through. Good luck! It does get better and can even be MUCH better in time.

• 4 weeks later...
skimmerdude

I am still holding out for the "new" impeller mod . . .

It looks like there might be some "sapphire skimmers" on nanotuners at some point, I hope this means something good for everyone

Archived