ReefCleaners.org

Sapphire Aquatics BC29R

Sapphire Aquatics

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
Nishant3789

I just ordered one, i hope it has the new impeller in it by now, but if not any sort of semisolid ETA of its release? I will write a review of this skimmer once i get it in.

Sapphire Aquatics

Nishant3789 - The impeller prototypes have been built with a rapid prototyping machine and are in final testing at the moment. We hope to begin production this month and have the impellers available in August. I can tell you that even the worst performing design far outperforms the standard flat blade impeller that comes with the Maxi-jet.

I am also having the impeller for the Nanocube and Aquapod skimmer pumps made so they should be ready for testing in the next couple of weeks.

Nishant3789: What made you go with the new sapphire BC29R? Did you look at the new CPR skimmer as well? Are you purchasing yours through nanotuners?

Kyle: As I recall, those of us who buy the new sapphire now, will be able to get the improved impeller at a pretty low price ---?

Nishant3789

i had heard about it, but there seem to be more happy people with the sapphire aquatics skimmer.

Sapphire Aquatics
so does the current BC29 recirculating skimmer not work that well without the new impeller?

All of the customer reviews we've received so far have been favorable and our in-house testing has shown excellent results as well. The new impeller will increase performance by reducing bubble size and maximizing the air to water ratio.

Sapphire Aquatics

Don't worry Nishant, we keep very good records and all of the BC29R ship directly from here. I am the last person to touch each one before it goes in the box. Thank you for placing your order.

Kyle

i love that recirculating mesh wheel design!!

you might have to increase the i.d. of the neck/cup to accomodate more air and not become unstable or difficult to adjust the foam.

if i was interested, could you make a hang on the back model w/ the recirc maxijet? it seems like it would be perfect for a 10-20g nano sps tank!

not to mention it would spank many, many hang on skimmers out there...

Kyle:

I hope you can answer this fairly quickly.........

I am about ready to make a decision....in a previous post, the BC29R with the new impeller is going to retail for $174.95...

The one for sale now at nanotuners is $169.95 ---

Do I understand correctly that for five bucks, you will ship us the new impeller? Or should I wait for the skimmer with the new impeller to be released.

It's a chunk of change for me, and I want the best skimmer I can get for the buck.....

Thanks!

Lux

Nishant3789

Kyle: I recieved my package today from nanotuners. I dont know if i can convey my level of dissapointment of searching through the box expecting to pull out a skimmer only to find it full of styrofoam peanuts! I had also ordered some fans which were delivered, but my skimmer is missing! I have sent an inquiry to the nanotuners website and hopefully they will do something about it, but i was wondering if maybe you knew some additional information as to what happened to my order seeing as how you stated " I am the last person to touch each one before it goes in the box." I have been entirely satisfied and impressed with the customer service so far. hopefully it will continue.

Nishant3789

recieved an email from nanotuners.com saying that the skimmer is shipped seperately directly from you which is why it is coming later. I cant wait!

Nishant

roushinator

I just got mine today. Skimmer looks great. Looks like it is made well. I installed it and turned it on. I guess it is working it is bubbling but the bubbles are clear. I dont have much Bio Load yet so this may be the reason. So far it hink it is a good product. I will update in a few days about performance.

Nishant3789

^^ ditto. recieved mine yesterday, still fine tuning it. Does it take some time to break in before it is able to dry skim? its skimmed some really wet slightly yellow skimmate, but i figured its still just breaking in. so far im happy

^^ ditto. recieved mine yesterday, still fine tuning it. Does it take some time to break in before it is able to dry skim? its skimmed some really wet slightly yellow skimmate, but i figured its still just breaking in. so far im happy

Nishant3789.... I don't have the recirc. skimmer, but I do have the original. On mine I had to play with the collection cup height. I found the higher up I placed the cup, the drier the skimmate. The lower the collection cup, the wetter the skimmate. Perhaps you need to try different height settings. ;)

roushinator

I have a cup full of wet pee-like crap. So i guess it is working. I am still playing with the adjustment. As far as the noise there is a slight increase to the noise but not bad.

Nishant3789

yeah the noise level isnt tooo bad, but there is an increase. I have messed around with the height and i have it at the highest level possible while still being able to close the hood. The skimmate is only slightly drier, its still pretty yellow. What i really want is that dark nasty thick stuff i see in bigger skimmers. Is it even possible to acheive that with this skimmer? What kind of an effect does the adjustment of more air or less air make through the use of that twisty thing that controls air intake?

Nishant

Archived