Pod Your Reef

Does Bottled Water Contain Phosphates?

minimalist

minimalist

I asked my LFS about using bottled water to compensate for evaporation. They told me it was better than tap but that it still contained phosphates. Can anyobdy verify this?

I asked my LFS about using bottled water to compensate for evaporation. They told me it was better than tap but that it still contained phosphates. Can anyobdy verify this?

Are you talking about Arrowhead or something? I wouldn't use it. Unless you are getting distilled.

minimalist
Are you talking about Arrowhead or something? I wouldn't use it. Unless you are getting distilled.

I'm talking about Dasani, Aquafina, etc.

do not use bottled mineral water for anything in your tank. here's a little tid bit of info about mineral water: runoff water from mining operations is often "cleaner" (depends how you define that) than the crap that comes in bottles. The reason is because there are no restrictions on what they put in the water so it is the company's discretion... i would not do it. in fact, id use tap before the bottled stuff.

djchristone

just test it to really know -_-

most betta enthusiats just use bottled water the entire time so..-_-

Don't use Aquafina or especially Daisani, which is (fortified with minerals for a pure fresh taste :))

If you wan't to use bottled water go with Distilled.

Archived