Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

New Setup

Ilove2ride

I have finally set up "that saltwater tank!" Its a 24 gallon with a Fuval 204 Canister Filter + Eclipse Hood (with filter) I have 20 pounds of LS, Currently 11 pounds of LR. (getting  more soon)

Two Questions...

How do I stack the LR so it's safe? I live in an Earthquake area, and I don't want my tank craked by my LR falling! My tank is pretty square shaped, so I have to make it high up.

Also, I'm getting some damsels for my tank, and when should I get them? My LFS said it was OK to get them 4 days after setup. Which ones should I get?

Thanks

How do I stack the LR so it's safe? like a parmid when your done putting the rock in. try to move it with your hand. keep moveing it around until is stable.

i always let the tank go to 0 then get a fish or 2 if it cycles again it is so small you dont evin see it.

if you want a peice to stick out off a ledge or just hold one in place, try some of the holdfast epoxy or some other brand. i am sure your LFS has it. if worst coms to worst just snap the rocks together with zip ties. HTH

-Steve

Archived