inTank Media Baskets

Please delete

hoyta

Helfrichs Chick

No offence meant dude, I also have a pair, among other dendros... neither one is skinny. Was just an observation, didnt mean to P you off lol. Sorry I will but out :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you the one that had the tank full of mixed species awhile back?!

I wasn't ###ed off! I just wish people would pm me if they had a question about something. Its just decency....

Helfrichs Chick

Oh get over yourself. I stated a FACT that you frogs were skinny, something IMO a buyer would WANT TO KNOW. Thats why I posted it. NONE of my "mixed species tank" frogs look that skinny. And on that note, I have been breeding dendros and mantellas for over 10 years, even before I have ever had SW, I have read more than I can remember and consider myself to be an expert. YOUR opinion on a mix tank is just that YOUR OPINION> In all my years breeding, I have had not one problem, with crossbreeding or aggression. I have lost 2 frogs that I can think of and they were both from someone offline. Thats another reason I posted, as buyer beware, these frogs in my experience do not ship well and MO if they are stressed or skinny already it might send them over the edge. So while my comment about your frogs being a bit thin is a fact... your opinion of a mix species tank is unwarranted. I was willing to drop it but then you had to slam my tank... let alone my character.

"No offense, but if you cared for your frogs so much, you would realize that you are not supposed to mix them like that. Sorry to be a pain in the butt, but its the truth:)"

You posted that in my thread months ago, so why are you slamming my "decency" when you did the same thing in not PMing me LOL!!! Hilarious. Had to drag that up. I guess karma does come around.

Oh Lordy... I posted because it is frowned upon BIG time by just about every breeder in the dendro hobby- kinda like the tang police in reef tanks. I figured this was a retaliation post, because I posted awhile back in your thread. Once again, I went to pms after you said to go to pms... I acted mature about the whole thing, which you have obviously forgotten to do.

I have alot of people that have bought frogs from me over the years, and none have had complaints. Now I get comments form the person who mixes frogs that mine are skinny... Neat... If anyone needs me to give numbers to people, let me know.

Get over myself? You are the one that has held onto things for awhile now.

Another thing- you posted that these frogs do not ship well... Are you nuts?!!! If you are such an expert then you would know that they ship fine. I have NEVER lost a frog due to shipping. I will say that these are way easier to ship than corals...

Like I siad, I am trying to either sell these or trade them. I didn't need 3 or 4 posts from someone that is hostile over the past... Very, very immature

One more thing- If anyone needs reaasurance, go to dendroboard.com. Also dartden.com. I have feedback on both forums. i posted here because I wanted to get some corals in trade.

Helfrich's chick, or whatever your name is- If you have bred frogs for 10 years, why hasn't anyone heard of you? And if you are such an expert, why do you mix frogs? Its not an opinion, its fact. You had terreblis, auratus, and tincs together. Thats just plain dumb. But who am I to tell you- You are the expert! LMAO

Lastly, you citro is nice, and very fat. So fat o the point of obesity. Go to the forums and read why OVERFEEDING your frogs is also frowned upon.. um, expert!

Helfrichs Chick

Ah geese, more slams on my character. And I am immature LOL. I mix frogs because I have never had any problems, and actually I have been more successful in breeding with mixed species tanks. I highly doubt I am overfeeding my frogs, they are healthy, they should NOT have sunken in bellys, sorry. I sell locally, perhaps thats why no one has heard of me, and I dont post on dendro board very often, because I am on here too much lol. Actually I sold MANY mantellas back in the early 90s, and likely that if you have Tank Raised Mantellas they are some lineage of my old guys... as not many people were not able to raise them back then. I try to keep from having too many tads... its a PITA and I dont want to dedicate that much time to it.

I get the fact that I offended you but you have absolutely no right to comment on me as a person, or my ability to raise dendros. Period.

Oh and BTW I do not have a terreblis, your expert eye must have been mistaken. I am done arguing with you... I have a frowned upon mix species tank and you have starved frogs Fair enough?

My wife would surely kill me.

But just out of curiosity (and I do plan to skim the dendroboard site), what type of hardware do you need to keep these? I assume a tank, light and some sort of heater...other items?

-b

Once again, the frogs I have are very healthy, and not skinny whatsoever... I'm not arguing anymore- its a waste of time with people like you. Please post that you have better luck breeding with a mixed species tank on dendroboard- see what happens. It would be like the equivalent of putting 4 yellow tangs in a 30 gallon here:) LOL

As for the care of them, its not hard at all. Tank size is always a good consideration, as some use 10 gallons for pairs of tincs. Personally, I would't use less than a 20, but thats just MO. As long as your house temps stay consistent, I wouldn't even worry about a heater. Temps can range from 65 on the low side, to 80 on the high side. A little fluncuation is ok with both, but not too mcuh. Its also depends on species-

This pair is on a 20 high, but would be put in a 29 if I was going to keep them. They are fed daily(helfrich's chick:) fruit flies and woodlice supplemented bi weekly. Sometimes termites, when i have them. They are dusted with calcium and multi-vitamins, and supplemented bi-weekely with naturose(for color)

As for lighting, the only lighting you need is for the plants you are keeping, period. No other lighting is needed, except for obvious asthetic purposes.

You will need a lid that keeps the humidity in, such as glass tops:)

Other than that, you should be fine. Its definetely addicting, though! I think I have over 40 frogs at last count. I plan on selling a few soon, because of my new son. Also to cover coral expenses! LOL!

I don't think I have left out anything. I am completely with you on the wife thing- My wife wants me to get rid of everything but my fish tank! Before her I was breeding venomous snakes, and pit bulls. Now I have a lab and dart frogs:) LOL

I mix frogs because I have never had any problems, and actually I have been more successful in breeding with mixed species tanks.

Sorry to butt in, but I have some decent experience with herps, and this just doesn't seem credible at all...

• 2 weeks later...

buyer extremely beware, I've had an experience with this guy that would make me extremely wary of dealing with him. while I have not purchased from him, I can say that he likes to bid on lots of ebay auctions, then make excuses for over a month as to why they won't be paid, eventually getting extremely belligerent and childish. if his character goes towards selling as well I would avoid him like the plague...

anyone checking his feedback on ebay please feel free to add the 6 negatives that he should have if he wasn't threatening to post retaliatory feedback for not paying his auctions

edit - oops, I'd meant over a month, not "months"

buyer extremely beware, I've had an experience with this guy that would make me extremely wary of dealing with him. while I have not purchased from him, I can say that he likes to bid on lots of ebay auctions, then make excuses for months as to why they won't be paid, eventually getting extremely belligerent and childish. if his character goes towards selling as well I would avoid him like the plague...

Whoa---that's controversial fo sho!!!

its a waste of time with people like you
:rant::rant:

Just so you know brotha, she is one of the most knowledgable people on this board. You should tank a gander at her dendro tanks. I think she just meant to be helpfull. I'm sure you take excellent care of all your animals, but just so you know, she DOES know her shizzle.

As for wanting a PM for stuff like this, this is a public board. Don't play the game if you can't take the flame.

hmmm, Miguel, I find it funny that you have called me childish. I'm not even going to get into that one. We've never even done a trade, or have I bought from you, and you say beware? hmmmm....And as for the comments on the convo with helfrich's chick, we worked that out. I was wrong to bash her like I did.

Also, if it helps at all, I have lots of feedback on e-bay, and dendroboard.com. I have also done some trades with people on this site...

I think they have worked this one out. I have PM'd with Hoyta so we can let the flames die down for a while.

anyone checking his feedback on ebay please feel free to add the 6 negatives that he should have if he wasn't threatening to post retaliatory feedback for not paying his auctions

Don't sweat retaliatory feedback---people can see through that. Someone threatened you for them not paying their bills???? :wacko:

I love retaliatory feedback---I was a writing major in college.

If you say the right stuff in feedback you can force a deadbeat to make his/her feedback private!! I have only been able to do that once....

Mvite- I don't really appreciate your comments, if you weren't sure what was going on in the first place. Miguel and I have worked it out, and its now solved. I hate having any type of problems with people here, or anywhere else for that matter.

Mvite- I don't really appreciate your comments, if you weren't sure what was going on in the first place. Miguel and I have worked it out, and its now solved. I hate having any type of problems with people here, or anywhere else for that matter.

Dude---I was talking about ebay feedback in general.

I know nothing about you and enjoy our relationship like that.

Except now you're blocked from buying my coral, deadbeat.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!! PWNED!!!!! :lol:

I know nothing of what's going on in here, but saw comments and bashes to known and reliable members on here. If Miguel says "buyer beware" chances are I'll heed to that only unless I know the seller personally and can trust them. I say this because I KNOW Miguel personally, and am a loyal customer of his at his shop. In fact I was just there for a kick-back this past weekend, and I can say without a single hesitation that Miguel is one of the most honest sellers (that be in person, online and Ebay as well) that I've met in this hobby. I definitely trust his "call it as he sees it" attitude.

BUSTED by hissonor, the Mayor!

Archived