Cultivated Reef

Finding Xanadu

fraggle rockette

fraggle rockette
I reall want to see a pic of your Aurora Goby I can't seem to find what it looks like?

like this little guy:

Amblyeleotris%20auroracool%20copy.jpg

i'll try and get a pic of him when i add him to the new tank :)

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
firstimereefer

aka pink bar shrimp goby, :tears: I had one until it went carpet surfing. They are a great fish, but never paired up with my pistol shrimp. I got a yasha hasha to replace him and he stil hasn't paired up either go figure.

fraggle rockette
aka pink bar shrimp goby, :tears: I had one until it went carpet surfing. They are a great fish, but never paired up with my pistol shrimp. I got a yasha hasha to replace him and he stil hasn't paired up either go figure.

oh no! carpet surfing???

yeah i guess they have multiple names... super cute tho. :happy: sorry urs didnt make it.

firstimereefer

If you are planning on trying to get it to pair up with a pistol I have heard they are more likely to pair up with the tiger pistols then the candy stripes. I guess the candy stripes don't get big enough for them.

Nah, passing through water shouldn't leech enough phosphates to make a differance. I'm not sure about the CurrentUSA Prime chillers, but my JBJ is titanium internals, so there wasn't really a risk of any bad metal like iron or copper being passed into the system upon initial use.

like this little guy:

Amblyeleotris%20auroracool%20copy.jpg

i'll try and get a pic of him when i add him to the new tank :)

Sweet goby. I have a spike fin, wonder if the two would co-habitat well? The spike fin is some what reclusive. I would like to get something small that is out more. Any suggestions?

How did the chiller work out? I think you flushed it like 10 times more than you hads to. :D

Hey you dont know how good you have it I have to go to Home depot tonight but I cant just walk out I have to spend ten hours working there :tears: mixing paint I hate home depot and paint.

fraggle rockette
If you are planning on trying to get it to pair up with a pistol I have heard they are more likely to pair up with the tiger pistols then the candy stripes. I guess the candy stripes don't get big enough for them.

thanks- i dont think i'll get a pistol simply b/c it might try and eat my clown goby and my luck with crustaceans attacking the little guy has been not so hot

Sweet goby. I have a spike fin, wonder if the two would co-habitat well? The spike fin is some what reclusive. I would like to get something small that is out more. Any suggestions?

How did the chiller work out? I think you flushed it like 10 times more than you hads to. :D

um... a clown goby or green band or neons are all good bets, i just added this guy 10 minutes ago and he is hiding like no other... hopefully will come out and perch like he did in my frag tank. but idk with a spike fin- haven't read enough on them.

lol yeah i def over-flushed, but i'm all for preventing problems instead of dealing with them later. :)

Hey you dont know how good you have it I have to go to Home depot tonight but I cant just walk out I have to spend ten hours working there :tears: mixing paint I hate home depot and paint.

10 hours!?!?! seems like the paint fumes could be fun tho- lol. :P

the chiller's bulkhead was a beyotch to install- i ordered the smallest elbow and bulkhead fitting i could find from marine depot and still had to dremel them down 1/4" each. argh. good thing they accidentally sent me two orders tho- the first one i tried to make work, it was too big, and then i broke the fitting trying to loosen it. bleh. so it's all working now, and it's not coming out of there- EVER.

word to the wise (AP24 owners): installing a bulkhead in chamber 2=PITA. :angry:

well... chillers in, fish is in, and the prop tank will have to wait... spanish midterm today- i'm gonna die. bleh. new pics later.

fraggle rockette
Hole saws are your friend. Especially on the end of a DeWalt. ;)

i know. how do u think i cut the bulkhead hole? :P

just wondering what size/brand pump u use for ur chiller? i have an ap 24 as well and plan on getting a current prime chiller (1/15 hp?). last summer was brutal in jersey and i foresee another brutal one this year...wanna be prepared. ;)

fraggle rockette
just wondering what size/brand pump u use for ur chiller? i have an ap 24 as well and plan on getting a current prime chiller (1/15 hp?). last summer was brutal in jersey and i foresee another brutal one this year...wanna be prepared. ;)

i'm using a rio hyperflow 4HF (about 350gph with the 3' it has to pump water up to the tank). it's kind of a big pump to fit back there chamber 4), but i manage. a lot of people seem to use MJs tho, it's just what i had. i think if i had more $ when i bought the chiller i would've gotten a 1/10 or 1/5 though... this one kicks in a bit more often than expected, and i really can't upgrade with it. also, i think for the pvc vinyl tubing it's better to use the black than the clear- i had clear before and had major algae problems with it (b/c light could get into that small area too easily).

new livestock today! :D

6 more astrea snails (im over margaritas- hermits just eat them too often) and 2 double crown feather dusters :happy: one yellowish one and one maroon with yellow bands. so pretty...

i also got a little fan at target to try and help with the heat problem from the lights. i thought i was going to have to fashion a clamp of some sort, but the stand on it fits perfect into the hood clips (that are not being used b/c it's open topped). we'll see how it works tomorrow... setting up an ato soon- hopefully it'll all be stable when i disappear in a few weeks for race across america... agh. B)

fraggle rockette
This is the one I ordered from eBay, pretty good price and a little cheaper than through the company direct!

JBJ ATO

thanks! has anyone had any problems with this ATO vs others? i know kerry got some other one that's cheaper, but... idk. thoughts on this? thanks again!

I know Jin has the JBJ one or bought it to set-up. I haven't heard of any issues anyone had with it though... I'm going to get one myself pretty soon. =)

Veronica is this the same tank as your other thread?

I am confused lol

LMK know if you want some palys I am going to attempt to frag them

fraggle rockette
Veronica is this the same tank as your other thread?

I am confused lol

LMK know if you want some palys I am going to attempt to frag them

yeah that one got hijacked by a troll. lol. what palys are you speaking of? btw, hows that ATO workin out for you? :)

yeah that one got hijacked by a troll. lol. what palys are you speaking of? btw, hows that ATO workin out for you? :)

Go look in my thread they are the green and the pink ones Matt I can give you some to once I figure things out lol

the ATO is still working great. I really love it. No more figuring out how much FW to add :lol:

Basically it will top off when (Guessing) 0.5 to 1 gallon water evaporates.

Go look in my thread they are the green and the pink ones Matt I can give you some to once I figure things out lol

the ATO is still working great. I really love it. No more figuring out how much FW to add :lol:

Basically it will top off when (Guessing) 0.5 to 1 gallon water evaporates.

Oooh, ok I just saw now! Did they lose any color? You can answer me in your thread, to not jam up V's about your tank. ;)

Hey, don't call Matt a troll :P

Hey Fraggle!

I need help, and I'm hoping with your expertise, you might have some ideas...

The cyano in my tank is out of control. I bought some new snails and crabs the other day (one turbo showed up dead and after your thread I know why) but nothing seems to help. Ya know I redid all of my rocks on Sun. and cleaned them all, but now the cyano is all back plus it spurned an diatom bloom. I swear my tank is so ugly. Everything is covered in either hair algae, cyano or diatom.

Help!!!! :o

^^Your phosphates are probably out of control. Do a lot of big WC's, run some kind of phosphate remover, skim wet, give your chaeto plenty of light, go easy on feeding, and try a bunch of different inverts.

I know Jin has the JBJ one or bought it to set-up. I haven't heard of any issues anyone had with it though... I'm going to get one myself pretty soon. =)

I have a malfunctioning JBJ and the Tunze Osmolator

Archived