Right now I am running from front to back

10000K Daylight 32W

10000K Daylight 32W

Dual actinic 32W

I will be changing it to

50/50 40W

10000K Daylight 40W

Dual actinic 40W

I have the 50/50 40W bulb but have not replaced the 32W with it yet.

As far as heat... I have not had a problem with it. Stays steady around 78 degrees. I have 2 fans and have cut some of the excess plastic off from the inside of the tank to help with air flow.

I have also replaced the stock return pump with a maxijet 1200 and have added a Tunze mini pump and am going to be putting in one of the $4.99 pumps from fragglereef.com in tonight.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys!

I think I am going to have to frag my frogspawn as the sweeper tenticles are stinging some of my zoas.

I am in the market for an open brain and possible a plate coral.

James at paradisereef.us is supposed to have some of that stuff for me soon!!

Ill be heading to Paradise Reef tomorrow. If the Frags i have are looking well then i can meet you there and give you a few. Im gonna try and frag my blue zoa's tonight. So i might give you some of those too.

hey prowland, is that the tunze up in the left corner?

if so do you have any problems with anything getting sucked into the intake? or do you have the intake attached to a tube that is in your rear chambers?

That is the tunze mini and it is just hanging there. I have had no problems with stuff getting sucked into it that shouldnt be.

It does collect a fair ammount of crap and i clean it about once a month.

I have moved it to another location and put the nano pump I got from fragglereef.com there.

The pump I got from them works great.

sweet. reminder: I have a BC14 with the mj900. My frogspawn and GSP arent swaying as much I thought they should be so I tried to put the stock pump in like the tunze but that created a hurricane and the intake was pretty strong to where my skunk would get sucked in.

I was thinking about putting the stock pump in the back chamber and running and tube through the back wall with a couple holes punched in it to bring the power down a little bit and then I wouldnt have to worry about the intake. Just thinking out loud.

that nano pump fron fraggle is 200 gph? that might be a bit much for me.

It is said to be around 250+ BUT.... there is a gate valve so you can decrease the flow to what you want.

I would get one of the tunze minis in your situation. Great little pump!

I will post some more pics up this weekend of how all the stuff settled in.

Hows the SPS doing in the tank these days. I can see a ton of growth on the Monti i got. Im thinking about getting a Birdsnest. If these survive in our tanks then i dont see a reason to get a lighting upgrade. (well for now atleast!!!)

I have noticed growth on the green slimer. There are a couple of new branches popping out on it.

I still want to go on with the 120W upgrade. I mean it cant hurt.

Nice job on the new scape. I know that re-aquascaping can be a pain, but worth it. Also, thats part of the fun of the hobby, fooling around and changing things...... lol Everything looks great!

Got a black sun coral and some other thing... dont know what it is yet.

I also purchased some chemipure because it was $2... Is it supposed to come damp?? I think that I might of got a return by accident.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so I have some new pics...

Here is a FTS taken today

P1010240.jpg

The frogspawn has gotten huge! I need to frag it asap as its sweeper tenticles are stinging a lot of stuff.

New black sun coral

P1010222.jpg

I have yet to see its tenticles out... but I am trying to feed it during the light hours to get it to come out during the day.

My little maze brain

P1010248.jpg

I think that I am going to move him to the front bottom of the tank so he is easier to see.

Group shot: Green slimer, Blasto, Galaxia, zoas, and a hermit

P1010229.jpg

Zoas

P1010226.jpg

Shrooms... had these since I started the hobby 2 years or so ago

P1010225.jpg

Acan I am nursing back to health

P1010224.jpg

Christmas gift to my tank... zoas

P1010219.jpg

The frogspawn

P1010217.jpg

I am still in debate on my last fish......... any suggestions???

Tell me what you think of the new additions and what not.

Thanks,

Patrick

Okay so I have some new pics...

Here is a FTS taken today

P1010240.jpg

The frogspawn has gotten huge! I need to frag it asap as its sweeper tenticles are stinging a lot of stuff.

New black sun coral

P1010222.jpg

I have yet to see its tenticles out... but I am trying to feed it during the light hours to get it to come out during the day.

My little maze brain

P1010248.jpg

I think that I am going to move him to the front bottom of the tank so he is easier to see.

Group shot: Green slimer, Blasto, Galaxia, zoas, and a hermit

P1010229.jpg

Zoas

P1010226.jpg

Shrooms... had these since I started the hobby 2 years or so ago

P1010225.jpg

Acan I am nursing back to health

P1010224.jpg

Christmas gift to my tank... zoas

P1010219.jpg

The frogspawn

P1010217.jpg

I am still in debate on my last fish......... any suggestions???

Tell me what you think of the new additions and what not.

Thanks,

Patrick

what about a catalina goby? The reef has one that is overprices but looks good and has been there for a while. It is still pretty small, about 1" long.

They are coldwater fish and would not work in my tank as I keep it at 79 degrees.

Keep the suggestions coming!

What do you have fish wise currently, sorry i don't want look through your whole thread.

Haha yeah its getting pretty long...

I currently have a false perc, yellow watchman goby, and a sixline wrasse.

I am looking for something that will swim out in the open so that pretty much x's out a goby. I have been contemplating some type of pygme angel.

The final decision is up to the fiancee. She wants to have a part in the tank!

Archived