ReefCleaners.org

Possible Picos?

yankeereefer

yankeereefer

I have an addiction.....

Was at one of my LFS haunts today and look what I found:

DSC03057.jpg

DSC03065.jpg

I got an unbelievable deal on these rimless, rounded front tanks - The one on the right is almost 2.5g and the one on the left is about 1g.

I've been debating setting up a tank at work - This might just be it. Can't decide if I want the 1g to be a display or plumb it as a fuge/sump. I'm leaning toward making the 2.5g the fuge / sump - I have a 2x9w that would fit over the 1g as well as a 65w rated ballast and endcaps that I bought from kmitch. Hmmmmm??

The folks at the store couldn't tell me if the glass was tempered or not - Anyone with thoughts on how to tell? I may just take a drill to one of the tanks to see. The store has a handful more of these tanks and said I could get the same deal - I may go and buy them all and redistribute as I will probably need frags to get this setup off and runnin' (hint, hint) ;)

Tanks are leak testing in the 2nd pic. Now I gotta figure out plumbing. Drilled, like I mentioned above, or plumbed over the wall?

Someone here was runnin' the back to back display / fuge, anyone remember? I want to say they were drilled straight across for the drain and over the wall on the return. Return would be some type of powerhead.

Anyways, what do y'all think???

• Christopher Marks changed the title to Possible Picos?

Archived