ReefCleaners.org

My 20Long setup with Custom sump, drilled, stand...

accord86

Phixion, You don't have to drill holes in the ceiling to hang a light. You can mount a bookshelf above the tank, or even build a nice stand for the light, that's what I did originally, but ended up mounting it from the ceiling after I moved the tank.

I'm not seperating the sump from the tank and stand. I'll seperate it for $165, and I'll throw the tank and stand in for free : )

And for another $10, I'll even throw in the MJ mod.

No BS, when I went from a 150w DE 14k MH setup to this one, my SPS growth increased by over 300%. Not surprising, since this setup has over TWICE the output as the other setup and is a true 14K.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

which 14k bulb were you using? because i'm getting more growth from my Phoenix 14k than i got from my Ushio 10k.

Tim

I was using a Pheonix 14K being overdriven by a magnetic ballast. It used more electricity than my 175w and had less than half the output.

The Iwasaki has more intense light output than a 250w DE Pheonix 14k on ANY DE Electronic ballast.

• 2 weeks later...

Bling! Bump for this tank + super nice sump.

when you come back your tank better be even nicer then that one.

The last asking prices were $175 for the tank, and $250 for the light. These prices aren't firm, I'm pretty flexible on the price.

You can make it out to the heights in 25min or less (I drive from HH to Cheviot Hills/Santa Monica once or twice a month). That's a great deal on the lights.

Bump $220 for light. I absolutely can't believe I'm selling for so cheap considering I put $400 into it, but it's gotta go!

Ballast and quick disconnect: $140 + shipping

PFO Pendant: $115 + shipping

Iwasaki Bulb: $110 + shipping!

PFO Ballast box: $30

And this is plug and play ready to go! No wiring required.

Yeah, any lower and I may have to go MH, lol!

Ok, I've seen this setup in person (on Maeda's tank) and hands down it beats a 250mh setup. People don't realize how good this setup is! True 15,000K color bulb, and they last for 1.5 years!! At this price, you'd almost be ripping Accord86 off, lol!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived