Cultivated Reef

My 20Long setup with Custom sump, drilled, stand...

accord86

AGA 20 gallon long glass aquarium with a black painted back, and drilled with bulkheads for a 1" External durso, and a 3/4" return.

Black Aquatic Fundamentals Stand

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod...p;N=2004+113764

Custom Acrylic sump. It was built to my exact specifications and fits flawlessly inside the stand. Has an intake section, then baffles with teeth, a large area for skimmer/refugium/live rock/etc, and then a 3 baffle bubble trap and a return section with plenty of room for any return pump and ATO setup.

sump.jpg

sumpsetup.jpg

ftsnew.jpg

P1010128.jpg

I've invested over $400 in just the setup that's for sale with what's included. I would like to get $200 OBO for this setup. Located in Hacienda Heights, CA 91745

I have tons of equipment, live rock, etc. so a deal can be made.

175w SE MH setup.

This setup is one of the most efficient MH setups I have ever seen. The ballast uses less electricity than advertised (uses about 165w), and the output is greater than a lot of 250w MH setups. I remember a comparison on RC and this exact setup that I'm using blew away 6 T5HO bulbs with SRS in terms of light output.

It achieves all of this with a color temp of 14k. I experienced insane growth with this light over any other light setups I've used (I've been through 4 different setups)

Icecap 175w electronic ballast, with PFO quick disconnect and ballast box with switch.

PFO 175w pendant with quick disconnect to ballast.

Iwasaki 175w Aqua2 14k bulb

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2005/12/re...?searchterm=175

Digital electronic timer

The whole light setup has about 8 months on it with 9 hours a day photoperiod.

I invested over $350 in this light setup and it was well worth it for what it is. I'd like to get $275 OBO for this light setup.

Prices are picked up and the light I will ship.

fts.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice setup. Off topic a little but how do you like the stand? I'm redoing my 20L and need a new stand and was looking at this very one. How big a sump can you fit under there? Your sump is nice, I wish you were closer, i'd take it.

Dave12678

I was wondering the same thing about the stand lol. Thats a great setup I would be interested if I lived closer.

Is it 30x12x12? What kind of deal would you do for the tank/stand and light setup?

Yup, those are the dimensions. I am willing to come down on the price for everything listed, send me a pm.

i'm interested in the liverock and maxijets if you decide to part out.

I am parting everything out, so pm me and we can work it out.

The stand is awesome! I wouldn't have gotten anything else.

fraggle rockette

u parting out the rest of your livestock or are those old pics and everything is gone?

i cant remember if i asked, but you're not leaving us are you andrew? :( just an upgrade, right? i hope? :huh:

Yeah....absolutely everything in my tank is gone right now except for like 3 frags and stuff I'm holding for others. I'm moving out of state for 4 months in June, so I'm just going to upgrade when I come back. I'll still be on this site all the time though.

fraggle rockette
Yeah....absolutely everything in my tank is gone right now except for like 3 frags and stuff I'm holding for others. I'm moving out of state for 4 months in June, so I'm just going to upgrade when I come back. I'll still be on this site all the time though.

LAMERS!

out of curiosity, what are the 3 frags and why arent they in my tank yet? ;)

(if nothing else, i'm a pretty good babysitter :D)

They are top secret frags so I will let you know on the DL. Hah, I guess I'm holding those frags for you now, so absolutely nothing in my tank is actually mine.

fraggle rockette
They are top secret frags so I will let you know on the DL. Hah, I guess I'm holding those frags for you now, so absolutely nothing in my tank is actually mine.

:happydance:

i wont tell :ninja:

^MH?

The stand fits flush under the 20L, so the inside of the stand is a little smaller then a 20L's dimensions. My sump dimensions were close to 29x11 footprint.

Ohhhh ok.....that was way off topic lol.

I'll buy a Porsche, or a Ferrari, or a Aston Martin or something, but other than that, all Japanese cars for me.

I only like Benz's because they are expensive as hell so the owners probably have enough money to cover all the service :)

You're not holding out on me are you buddy?

You sure you don't have a tyree soli or undata you're stashing? :P

bump for you!

PS. I have this bulb and ballast combo, but with a lumen arc III instead.

THIS IS THE BEST DAMN LIGHT SETUP MONEY CAN BUY. PERIOD.

175w puts out more light then almost all 250w mhs, and with a nice color.

The tank looks clean in the pictures. Does it have any major scratches on it? What kind of return pump did you have running on this setup? PM me about pricing (like what's the lowest you'd go for the setup). I'd hate to look like a tool and lowball you.

You're not holding out on me are you buddy?

You sure you don't have a tyree soli or undata you're stashing? :P

bump for you!

PS. I have this bulb and ballast combo, but with a lumen arc III instead.

THIS IS THE BEST DAMN LIGHT SETUP MONEY CAN BUY. PERIOD.

175w puts out more light then almost all 250w mhs, and with a nice color.

I think you're the one who gave me the only SPS frag that I have left. Nothing too special, just something that's slimey and green....can you guess what it is?

neenish you got a pm.

To everyone who has asked, I am not seperating the setup, or shipping right now. I'd prefer to sell in socal, so if in a few weeks it doesn't sell, I'll update and part out.

• 4 weeks later...

I envy that light setup... :( I'd buy it in a hot second if I wasn't against hanging lights, lol! Well not against, but I'd prefer not to drill into the celing.

Archived