Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Snake Plissken's Red Sea Max

snake plissken

snake plissken
no but those zoas are sweet!!!!

glad you like 'em! here are some ore pix of zooanthid frags. not positive on the names...

Dragon Eyes?

rsm011.jpg

whammin watermelon

march2008143.jpg

neon blue shroom and zooanthid/ paly?

rsm030.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
snake plissken
I like the rock behind the drgon eyes. Zoanthids at some point?

I guess?!?!???

It was like that when i got it. but it is is pretty cool looking!

I is pretty flat so I am using it for a "ledge" for future zooanthids and hopefully ricordias

• 1 month later...
snake plissken

lots of growth since april pix

whammin watermelon zoos

rsm120.jpg

red zoos (name?)

rsm080.jpg

radioactive dragon eyes

rsm069.jpg

FTS

rsm094.jpg

lilredneckman
I like the rock behind the drgon eyes. Zoanthids at some point?

I am pretty sure it is a dead acan skeleton or a micromussa skeleton.

The pics are great!! The read zoas i am pretty sure are safecrackers. heres a link.

snake plissken

a camel back shrimp ate my frogspawn coral down to a nub!

it's finally making a comeback!!!

good signs for the coral ...and i will take it as a good sign for my water quality.

the CB shrimp is back at the LFS. good ridance!

rsm101.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Snake! I haven't had a chance to go through all of the RSM threads on N-R yet, so thanks for telling me you had one on yours! Since they blocked Photobucket pics at work now, I'll have to reread your thread when I get home. It's just not as much fun without the pics!

Sexy Shrimp
here is "pistol pete" and his best friend "goby" the goby

i get real creative with my names

rsm009.jpg

I think you need to give your Goby a more feminine name...

Nice tank

snake plissken
I think you need to give your Goby a more feminine name...

Nice tank

they are "shackin' up". i guess i should give pistol pete a girlfriend with a better name. :P

Sexy Shrimp

I can't wait till my female "grows up" she looks like my male still at the mo. Still giving me babies though!!

• 3 weeks later...
snake plissken

OK, I am very guilty of not regularly updating this thread with pix/info. this post will only further incriminate me.

:o:blush::o

but regardless, here goes a Red Sea Max Full Tank Shot Timeline. It may actually be more interesting to see all the changes at once instead of having to plug through a long thread.

Hopefully, this will be inspirational to other reefers consdiering a RSM. :)

Realistically, it will probably just uncover my neurotic obsession with changing my aquascaping CONSTANTLY! :P (What's wrong with me?)

the progression:

April 30, 2007

(right after startup)

RSMFTSapril302007.jpg

April 30, 2007 (no flash)

RSMFTSapril302007_2.jpg

May 26, 2007

RSMFTSmay262007.jpg

June 13, 2007

RSMFTSjune132007.jpg

June 30, 2007

RSMFTSjuly302007_2.jpg

June 30, 2007

RSMFTSjuly302007.jpg

Feb 10, 2008

(sorry i did not take any pix for a few months)

RSMFTSfeb102008.jpg

March 8, 2008

RSMFTSmarch82008.jpg

March25, 2008

RSMFTSmarch252008.jpg

July 20, 2008

rsmftsJuly202008_2.jpg

July 20, 2008

(another shot /different camera setting)

rsmftsJuly202008.jpg

whew! April 2007 to July 2008 in a flash!

Am I finally satisifed with my aquascaping? :D

Snake - great historical picture tour! The tank is really looking good now, and awesome growth on the corals! I think our tanks are within a day of each other in age. Are we ever satisfied with our aquascaping? I think the answer is a big NO for some of us! One of these days I'll have to find time to take some update pics too. I've gotten lazy, but I'll blame it on the dang heat lately. 103 on the car thermometer on the way home and 104 on the patio thermometer in a shady spot. Wears me out! I'm sure you're enjoying the same Carolinas weather I am!

snake plissken

yeah greenville was brutally hot today. you cant move outside without risking bursting into flames. It made me want to hang out in the tank with these guys and cool off...

rsm2139.jpg

I will be at the Panthers-Colts preseason game Saturday in Charlotte. hopefully i won't melt! I am hoping for a Panthers win, but i would settle for low 80's temps!

Nice photo tour - thanks! I've been going through each of the threads in the Red Sea Max Index -- there have been very few new postings in the last few months. I guess vacations, honeymoons, outdoor activities, and other summer distractions have caused us all to neglect tank updates.

Regarding rearranging the rockscape -- I find myself moving the small rocks that the corals are attached to, rather than doing major rescaping. During the time my tank cycled, however, I was constantly tweaking the arrangement. My biggest challenge was trying to visualize what the corals would look like once they grew.

I still have snails bumping smaller frags off the cliffs, and I'm rather bad at accidently doing the same. I've resisted gluing rocks together until I'm really sure of the positioning.

OK everyone -- time to add some updates to YOUR threads! :)

I loved the history lesson of your tank, it really is ineteresting to watch all of the changes. The aquascape today is perfect, no more touching!

OK everyone -- time to add some updates to YOUR threads! :)

no kidding....

I love the FTS timeline. Really show progress and your back is almost covered with coraline at this point. Thanks for the compliments on my 6 month old RSM. No regrets at all, only better lighting would be nice. Otherwise im happy I chose this tank.

• 1 month later...
snake plissken

OK, maybe i should start a new thread for this, but...

is it OK to mix purigen and phosguard together in one media bag? they are both seachem products, but of course, that does not mean they won't "react" with each other.

i have some bulk purigen and bulk phosguard and i wanted to use both in my canister filter hooked to my RSM. i have one media bag i can use...just wondering if ineed to make a trip to the LFS to grab another or if i can just pour both in one bag together?

I've mixed charcoal and Phosguard in one bag to make my own SeaGel (which is really just SeaChem carbon + Phosguard). If you want to be 100% sure on the Purigen + Phosguard in one bag try an email to SeaChem - you should be able to find an email link on their site. I got a pretty quick reply from them when I asked how many times the Purigen could be regenerated with bleach (6-8 times was the answer I believe). I'm not sure if the Purigen & Phosguard would react together or not. I'd check first with them - better safe than sorry!

snake plissken
I've mixed charcoal and Phosguard in one bag to make my own SeaGel (which is really just SeaChem carbon + Phosguard). If you want to be 100% sure on the Purigen + Phosguard in one bag try an email to SeaChem - you should be able to find an email link on their site. I got a pretty quick reply from them when I asked how many times the Purigen could be regenerated with bleach (6-8 times was the answer I believe). I'm not sure if the Purigen & Phosguard would react together or not. I'd check first with them - better safe than sorry!

WOW! less than an hour and i got a response back from seachem! that's pretty sweet customer support...

:D

"Hello,

Yes, this is just fine to do; you just want to be

sure and maximize the flow through the media bag to get

the best results.

Tech Support"

Archived