Top Shelf Aquatics

Maroon Clownfish

Vi3tKid420

Well, i purchased a tank, and it came with a 4inch maroon clownfish. She isnt very shy, but she's been causing trouble in my tank for a while. She goes into this one spot near a rock, then starts kicking up sand, kinda burrowing deeper. Next she starts going up to a few of my corals and tipping it down. Any idea what is going on? why is she doing this? Solution? (Note: She does not have an anenome to host would it help?) Also there is another maroon, much smaller so its a pair, the large one kinda bites and the other bites back, but not in a mean way, just around the body, what does this mean?

Anemones may make it worse as they "need" to defend it constantly. Mine postures constantly, swimming at me abruptly as though to attack when I sit down in front of the tank. Mine will knock frags off my rocks if they aren't tied down.

The biting behavior is a dominance display.

i have a maron clown in my 10g, he is really peaceful and hides a lot. Maybe i was lucky...

According to your thread the tank has been cycled a month, I think it's a little premature to be making that statement. How long has it been in there?

Maroons should really be in a larger tank. ;)

okay, i have those two maroons, a coral beauty, and a Coral Banded Shrimp. What would eat the babies, and how many would survive after do you think?

According to your thread the tank has been cycled a month, I think it's a little premature to be making that statement. How long has it been in there?

Maroons should really be in a larger tank. ;)

Actually my 10g was an upgrade from my 6g. ;) I've had the clown for about four months and he is about an inch and a half. ;)

Even in my 6g he was not a trouble maker.

Archived