Cultivated Reef

just got fish & CUC

phishy11

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how do you know its dead base rock?

EDIT: uncured dose not = dead... it means that it has not been cured in a holding tank and will take longer to cycle

how do you know its dead base rock?

EDIT: uncured dose not = dead... it means that it has not been cured in a holding tank and will take longer to cycle

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...amp;hl=phishy11

Read the thread and look closely at the pictures- that rock is DEAD there is nothing on it, not dying sponges no white coraline no macroalgae, NOTHING. That rock is as dead as my pavement slabs.

:D

base rock is not liverock ... and you added your first liverock in the beggining of april so you have been proven wrong once again ... and your base rock would not have been seeded by now ...

i added cured rock to it..

Yes. A Massive 5 pounds. Two weeks ago.

;)

i added cured rock to it..

Yes. A Massive 5 pounds. Two weeks ago.

;)

yes and you were told to wait a few months so it could seed your baserock ... and it doesn't matter that you added a fish and snails because you doing that is like the average joe buying 10 tangs 1000$ in coral and jamming it into a shoebox .... no regards for the well being on the animals and too ignorant to listen to those who want to help them

ill talk to you in 2 weeks and my damsel will still be swimming around happily.

+ what if a snail dies and i dont see it will that be bad for the tank?

yes that will be bad for the tank... get a few hermits... they can eat all the bodies.... i think in a tank your size you could go with about.... i dont know 600 or so hermits

omg ... decaying matter .... deade snails = ammonia =nitrite = nitrate

ammonia = toxic to inhabitants

you don't even know the basic principles of fishkeeping ... i think you should go buy a betta

ill talk to you in 2 weeks and my damsel will still be swimming around happily.

+ what if a snail dies and i dont see it will that be bad for the tank?

Yes it will be bad for the tank and if the damsel lives you will curse it in a months time when it kills everything else you try to put in.

600? ok, im off to the pet store

[im taking the damsel back to the store in a month

600? ok, im off to the pet store

[im taking the damsel back to the store in a month

nitrates at 0 good or bad?

DAMN. Ive been sucked in!! Im now giving advice!! I know its useless but I still tried.

Phishy please just read your old posts and use the search function.

well you won't because you have magical test kits that read zero for everything even though every one here knows they are not

Archived