Innovative Marine Aquariums

WOW! New duncan we just received!

SALINITY

My partners Coral wholesale company just received this Australian Duncan! It sold for $500 CDN. This one should have gone in my own tank! We have more of them coming in too! Has anyone tried keeping these?

I am going to have to read up on them.

post-20675-1176588854_thumb.jpg

I got 2 polyps from Roes' Marine World. One is a yellow variety and the other one is a purple one. I have mine in a BC29 with standard pc lighting and they are doing fine. I target feed mine with brine shrimp, cyclopeeze. They have a hearty appetite and seem to like to eat. My purple one has recently sprouted 2 new polyps! I've had them about a month. I don't think they are too demanding as far as lighting or flow requirements go.

BTW, my avatar shows the "yellow" one, in the lower left hand corner of the pic. Both polyps are about the size of a quarter.

I got 2 polyps from Roes' Marine World. One is a yellow variety and the other one is a purple one. I have mine in a BC29 with standard pc lighting and they are doing fine. I target feed mine with brine shrimp, cyclopeeze. They have a hearty appetite and seem to like to eat. My purple one has recently sprouted 2 new polyps! I've had them about a month. I don't think they are too demanding as far as lighting or flow requirements go.

BTW, my avatar shows the "yellow" one, in the lower left hand corner of the pic. Both polyps are about the size of a quarter.

WOW, I really need to get one off the next shipment for my own tank! Please post another picture of your yellow one if you can!

purty..=] 500 for how many heads?

The Duncan coral had 22 full size heads in total and 2 new smaller buds! It was sold before I could get a chance to frag it and put some for sale on our website. I would have loved to put a head or two in my tank while I was at it!

I would wait a bit before running out and buying Duncan's a lot of people have picked them up and in a couple of months i am sure they will be making their way to the classifieds

I would wait a bit before running out and buying Duncan's a lot of people have picked them up and in a couple of months i am sure they will be making their way to the classifieds

Good point, I am going to try to break up and prop the next batch that comes in.

Nice piece. Was reef raft the wholeseller? The reason I ask is I thought they were the only ones in Canada who have had duncans. I know Ryan will have them soon too.

I have a couple polyps waiting for me in someones frag tank perhaps tomorrow I'll finally go pick them up.

Unless that photo is photoshopped it is DRASTICALLY different from the other Duncans going around these days. I've never seen one with that coloration.

Unless that photo is photoshopped it is DRASTICALLY different from the other Duncans going around these days. I've never seen one with that coloration.

might just be the white balance. it does look different from the pieces i've seen too but i've also heard they change. The ones I saw were fresh from australia only a few days in canada.

Also in the us it seems like most are ORA frags while in canada its wild colonies.

Have you seen Roe's duncans? They have like 3 different color varieties. I have 2 of them, the yellow and the purple ones.

I just knew of the 3, didn't know there was 2 more. Anywho.... here is another color variety. Seller claims no photoshop used:

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-AUSTRALIAN-DUNCAN...1QQcmdZViewItem

No photoshop was used according to my wholesaler, he did say he adjusted the contrast slightly due to taking the picture through water; however, he did say that he has never seen that color before!

My wholesaler is not Reef Raft although I understand they do have access to these kinds of rare corals. My wholesaler now has direct access to cherry picked corals directly from Australia( Sidney --> Vancouver), this is a new direct route, he did say that he would be getting some very nice and different corals in the next few weeks. This Duncan is a good example of this. My wholesaler is a part owner of Bluelagoonaquatics.com and will be providing all of the corals that will be coming in soon and uploaded for sale online.

I will have a good selection of these corals on blue Lagoon as they arrive. We will see what we get!!

I have had no experience with Duncans up until now, these Duncans certainly look much different than those ones you have linked to. I will post back here in as soon as i have more access to the next shipment from Australia.

My partners Coral wholesale company just received this Australian Duncan! It sold for $500 CDN. This one should have gone in my own tank! We have more of them coming in too! Has anyone tried keeping these?

I am going to have to read up on them.

post-20675-1176588854_thumb.jpg

Very nice. I like the purple coloration with the yellow mouth. I haven't seen that color combination yet either.

was just checking out your website but there doesn't seem to be much on it yet.

Got any nice aussie acans?

Thanks for checking out the site! I am sorry for the lack of content so far but it has been alot of work just getting this far. We will have hand picked Australian Corals available in about 10 days. My Wholesaler has a direct shipment order in place and we will have pictures and pricing up ASAP. Anyone interested in these cherry picked corals please register so we can update you via our newsletter. We also have a frag/prop setup that is up and running that should be producing some nice corals pretty soon!

As far as Acans go, I am not sure if there will be any on the next order from down under but I will know more in about ten days.

:D

Those are some sweet Duncans. Are you able to ship to the US?

EDIT: Since my experience with this is between two private parties, I would have to check with our importer and coral wholesaler to check on the legalities of this if this were to take place from our business Bluelagoonaquatics.com. A very good point on the legality issue was brought up below.

:o

I just hope I have access to more of these Duncans soon

We will be able to ship to the U.S. Via Fed Ex express shipping; however, all orders going to the US will be labeled as aquarium additives in order to pass customs with no delays. I have also ordered corals from the US the same way with no glitches. Orders shipped to the US would be at the buyers own risk of course.

I just hope I have access to more of these Duncans soon!

Just to let you know this is VERY illegal and without proper cites exporting coral can land you in jail as well fines. This is not worth the risk imo. Considering you guys are importing from austraila yourself you really should know this.

Just to let you know this is VERY illegal and without proper cites exporting coral can land you in jail as well fines. This is not worth the risk imo. Considering you guys are importing from austraila yourself you really should know this.

VERY good point; I guess I am going on personal experience between two private parties and not through a business, I have traded corals this way on occasion. We do not import the Corals ourself, all of the importing and shipping etc is done through our wholesaler, I am not aware of legalities of it all. If we were to ship to the the U.S. through Blue Lagoon I am sure the wholesaler would make sure it is done legally. Please excuse me for the lack of cross border legality issues. :huh:

Archived