Stand and hood: Custom

Background: Black

Lights: 2x 70w MH 14000k w/Moon

Water Movement: 2x Hydor Koralia

Refugium: CPR w/36 watt

Skimmer: Aqua C remora

ATO: Custom

Livestock: Everything

Follow this thread to see this tank unfold. If you like long tanks then you will appreciate this tank when it is finished. I will track the build.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well my tank is setup. Finished the stand and hood yesterday and set it up last night. I am pretty happy with the results will post pictures soon.

WOW... NICE!!!

Cool set up - The stand and hood look sweet. I'd like to see some pictures of what you did inside or opened up.

Also... is that a hydrometer in the tank? Are you keeping it there?

Yeah it is a hydrometer. I was to lazy to take it out after transfering everything last night. Now that you reminded me I think I will get it now. :D

Thattank is awsome looking btw what sand are you useing i looks so cool and white it makes my eyes hurt.

-Mac :happy:

I purchased the sand from my local petco.

Dr.Fumanchu

There are lots of people with 20l tanks here at Nano Reef, but for some reason this tank stands out for me. I really like the design of the furniture and combined with the aquascape it gives the feeling of a much larger system. Very nice work and keep updating this thread.

alexmurovec

love this tank. the stand and canopy are so modern looking and it just goes so well with such a nicely lit clean tank. oh and by the way, now that you have left your hydrometer in your tank for awhile, i'm pretty sure its not gonna read correctly now. most people will tell you to get a refractometer. i don't have one yet, but when i check with my hydrometer, i instantly rinse it very well so no salt can mess up the little needle reader thingy.

your clown looks fake :lol:

There are lots of people with 20l tanks here at Nano Reef, but for some reason this tank stands out for me. I really like the design of the furniture and combined with the aquascape it gives the feeling of a much larger system. Very nice work and keep updating this thread.

+1! Tank looks great overall. Love the wood stand/canopy.

Besides, you gotta love that new tank smell. So fresh & so clean! :P

Thanks. Yes I love the smell of a new tank. I am building up my coral slow. I buy frags at my LFS for $2.50 a piece. Usually they are small but I don't mind watching them grow. Thanks for the comments.

I will be taking this tank slow adding coral but I will post growth of the tank often. I encourage all to follow. I think it is going to turn out very nice in the end. Thanks for all the comments.

Archived